I need help with rotating my overlay in the spot i placed in originally

I need help. This was the only link kinda related to my problem that wasn’t closed. I’m doing a cafe overlay, I finally get one person behind it and then the other person walks in and she’ll go behind it too! I swear I’ve looked at everything I could find for hours but nothing works.

You need to work with layers.
!!! For layers it is necessary spot direct the characters because simply directing resets layers.

With simply directing I mean commands like character walks to screen center. And so on.

Show me me the script we can look where the problem is.

1 Like

I tried sending you the screen shot but just in case you dont get it, this is my script;

INT. CAFE- DAY with COUNTER SIMPLE at layer 4
@RANDOM WORKER spot 1.280 173 38 in zone 2 at layer 3
@pan to zone 2
@pause for a beat
@EMERY enters from left to screen left
@EMERY spot 1.238 55 8 in zone 2 at layer 2
@zoom on 326 506 to 109% in 0

You have the overlay on layer 4.

Characers are both behind because both are on lower layer… 3and 2. Put the one you want infront of the overlay on layer 5 instead.

So I put the one i want behind a bigger layer than the overlay and the one infront smaller than the overlay?
EX; Em. layer 3
Worker layer 5
overlay layer 4

(this can help you with your problem hope it helps)

I’ve read that through at least half a dozen times. Even when I tried to do what I said earlier that way and the opposite she still goes behind either way. :((

No the oposit the one behind ( more in distance) are on lower layer number.

So the closer to the screen the higher layer number.

INT. CAFE- DAY with COUNTER SIMPLE at layer 3
@RANDOM WORKER spot 1.280 173 38 in zone 2 at layer 2
@pan to zone 2
@pause for a beat
@EMERY spot 1.238 55 8 in zone 2 at layer 5

Like that? I’ve been back and forth. That doesnt work either.

INT. CAFE- DAY with COUNTER SIMPLE at layer 3
@RANDOM WORKER spot 1.280 173 38 in zone 2 at layer -1
@pan to zone 2
@pause for a beat
@EMERY spot 1.238 55 8 in zone 2 at layer 5

This doesnt work;

INT. CAFE- DAY with COUNTER SIMPLE at layer 2
@RANDOM WORKER spot 1.280 173 38 in zone 2 at layer -1
@pan to zone 2
@pause for a beat
@EMERY spot 1.238 55 8 in zone 2 at layer 4

But when I do this it does. Then that just makes the counter lower than i want it should be

Nevermind. I just figured it out

Im still having trouble with my hand overlay it keeps moving to another place instead of where i want it to be

I first placed where the hand is soppose to be at and that is
@overlay 5708000595279872_EHLM shifts to 76 -31
@overlay 5708000595279872_EHLM scales to 0.799 0.799
and what i want to do next is rotate it so the hand can be on the other mc face and i wrote this
&zoom on 238 507 to 54% in 0
&overlay EHLM rotates -15 anchor point in 10
&overlay 5708000595279872_EHLM shifts to 76 -31
&overlay 5708000595279872_EHLM scales to 0.799 0.799
@pause for 4324324324
&overlay EHLM rotates 0 anchor point -0 -0 in 22
@pause for 4999
but the hand moves offscreen and then it slowly comes to the screen and then it slowly rotates to the spot but that is not what i want it to do i want it to be first where i placed it at and then rotate but without moving from the location its at

(let me give you a real life example just so you can understand what im saying imagine a arm and a hand you want to move your hand slowly up to your face {thats what im trying to do with my overlay} but what is going on {the problem im havin} is that the arm detaches from the body and moves somewhere far away and your left without a arm {that is what is happening with my overlay} but then the arm slowly comes back flying to you and attaches to you again but it never touched your face (idk if this example even helped but i hope it does)

At the first rotation - 15° you do not specify anchor point at all? I would actually think this would cause error… Strange.

From the example you describe… Slowly moving hand to face… Why do you put there 2rotation commands when you just want the hand to go up?

&overlay EHLM rotates -15 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 20
&overlay 5708000595279872_EHLM shifts to 76 -31
&overlay 5708000595279872_EHLM scales to 0.799 0.799

(this is what i wrote i copied and paste the wrong one my bad)
the hand is in the bottom of the screen and i didn not want it to be their i want it to be attached to the mc overlay not be in the bottom of the screen

the hand is soppose to be here but it moves to the bottom of the screen
also the hand is going to rotate so it touches the face of the other mc but as soon as i wrote the coding the hand moves to the bottom of the scrreen and it moves! i want it to rotate in this spot but it just wont stay their
2019-08-07%20(1)|690x388

You do the same mistake over and over… As I have explained it to you the moment you change anchor point AFTER spotting it will change its position.

Can you please give here the hand overlay as you have it uploaded to your account… I have to see in ehat position it is uploaded and hoe much there is blank space around to determinate the right rotation point. Than I will write you example how it should look like.

1 Like

@Farah_DeSantis this is the overlay

OK so first of all when you make limb overlay to make it easy to st the anchor point you hve to cut out all the unecessary transparent space aroud and I strongly recommend to put it horizontally or vertically lie this.:

If you do it the anchor point of the elbow joint will be almost exactly 0.5 0

Try to uplodad this hand to test it

limb2

So your first set of commands WITH MY OVERLAY WILL BE:

@overlay LIMB create
@overlay LIMB rotates 0 anchor point 0 0.5 in 0
@overlay LIMB opacity 1 in 0

than you shift and scale the hand to desired start point (just example:

@overlay LIMB shifts to 167 151
@overlay LIMB scales to 0.820 0.820

If you will need the starting position to be in a different angle (for example -15) you add also

@overlay LIMB rotates -15 anchor point 0 0.5 in 0
I replace with this the original with 0 angle

So my starting position of the overlay wil look like this now:

@cut to zone 1
@overlay LIMB create

And now I will just add the rotation up to the face:

@overlay LIMB rotates -50 anchor point 0 0.5 in 3

so the final example will be:

@cut to zone 1
@overlay LIMB create
@overlay LIMB rotates -50 anchor point 0 0.5 in 3

starting position

end position and the hand rtates in elbow naturally

im sorry for bothering you again but the hand is not in the spot where i want it to be and i still have the same problem i wish i could show you a video of what it looks like in my screen but it is still the same problem