I need help with this looping background

Hey! So thanks to Apes post on how to loop a background, I was able to code the first half of this following code. However, I’d like to use the same overlay for a second loop that is supposed to loop to the other direction (from left to right). My initial thought was that I could just use the same method and switch around the coordinates but unfortunately that didn’t work and I couldn’t find anyone posting about how to make it move to the other side instead eihter. If anybody knows how to do that, PLEASE let me know! I’m genuinely desperate at this point haha.

This is my code:
(first half works fine and correctly, moving from the right to the left.
second half does not, need it moving from the left to the right)

INT. BLUE - DAY with FLOORLOOP to 2.314 0 0
&overlay FLOORLOOP to layer 1
&overlay FOORLOOP shifts to -563 -4 in zone 1 in 1.55 THEN overlay FLOORLOOP shifts to -1897 -6 in zone 1 in 1.55 THEN overlay FLOORLOOP shifts to 0 0 in zone 1 in 0 loop INFINITE times
&TRIS spot 2.263 148 -3 in zone 1 AND TRIS faces right AND TRIS is run_athletic_neutral_loop AND TRIS moves to layer 2
&overlay WHITE create AND overlay WHITE shifts to -7 -3 in zone 1 AND overlay WHITE scales to 1.264 1.264 AND overlay WHITE to layer 3 AND overlay WHITE opacity 50% in 0
@transition fade in white 2
@pause for 3

INT. BLUE - DAY with FLOORLOOP to 2.314 0 0
&overlay FLOORLOOP to layer 1 AND overlay FLOORLOOP shifts to -2070 -382 in zone 1
&overlay FOORLOOP shifts to -1022 -392 in zone 1 in 1.45 THEN overlay FOORLOOP shifts to -13 -390 in zone 1 in 1.45 THEN overlay FLOORLOOP shifts to 0 0 in zone 1 in 0 loop INFINITE times

1 Like

@line123462 can help you with this code i hope

Hmm. The following examples are for a 3 zone wide overlay, which is why I’m using 960. If your overlay is two zones wide then use 640.

First right to left and then left to right. It uses the overlay duplicated so it smoothly scrolls otherwise it would appear to jump. Then all you have to do is adjust the “in 2” parts to whatever speed you want. For a 3 zone wide overlay I think walking speed is “in 4”.

Right to left:

INT. BLUE - DAY

@overlay FLOORLOOP create
@overlay FLOORLOOP opacity 1
@overlay FLOORLOOP moves to layer 1

@overlay FLOORLOOP2 create from FLOORLOOP
@overlay FLOORLOOP2 opacity 1
@overlay FLOORLOOP2 moves to layer 2
@overlay FLOORLOOP2 shifts to 960 0

&overlay FLOORLOOP shifts to -960 0 in 2 THEN overlay FLOORLOOP shifts to 0 0 in 0 loop infinite times
&overlay FLOORLOOP2 shifts to 0 0 in 2 THEN overlay FLOORLOOP2 shifts to 960 0 in 0 loop infinite times

Left to Right

INT. BLUE - DAY

@overlay FLOORLOOP create
@overlay FLOORLOOP opacity 1
@overlay FLOORLOOP moves to layer 1

@overlay FLOORLOOP2 create from FLOORLOOP
@overlay FLOORLOOP2 opacity 1
@overlay FLOORLOOP2 moves to layer 2
@overlay FLOORLOOP2 shifts to -960 0

&overlay FLOORLOOP shifts to 960 0 in 2 THEN overlay FLOORLOOP shifts to 0 0 in 0 loop infinite times
&overlay FLOORLOOP2 shifts to 0 0 in 2 THEN overlay FLOORLOOP2 shifts to -960 0 in 0 loop infinite times

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.