I need help with this placement

Screenshot 2021-05-04 9.18.48 AM

My character keeps moving too far back and then shifting into place. HELP NEEDED!!!

2 Likes

Hey. What seems to be the issue maybe I can help

Can I see the error box plz?

I think what you mean.
I suggest you should do this: @DAN enters from right to spot 1.280 80 -23 in zone 1.

By the way, you can also use spot directing for the place where the character comes from, so that it looks neater. So, something like this: @DAN spot x (you make the character stay out of sight and then copy the spot to this part) AND DAN walks to spot 1.280 80 -23 in zone 1.

i took a recording but it wont send, but my character walks to the side of the frame sit down and then shift into the spot i want him to sit in

1 Like

I suggest you use different coordinates+spotting for the sitting animation because the positioning is not the same as standing, so:
@DAN spot s x y in zone # AND DAN is idle_sit_anklescrossed_sad_loop

For whatever reason, standing animations and sitting animations do not follow the same spotting positions. So when you do the stand to sit transition, your character is in a “standing” spot position. When you follow it with a sitting animation, the spot positioning will change to a “sitting” spot position.

In my experience it’s a bit difficult to direct this because you have to use trial and error to get the positions to match. If you try this, you’ll have to add a spot positioning command to the sitting animation.

If you can, I’d suggest zooming in this character, a different one, or panning across a different zone while you have the character do a sitting animation. That way you don’t have to make the positions match perfectly, and you avoid the awkward shifting you’re talking about.

thank you to everyone i took note of our suggestions a got it to work :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :partying_face: thank you!!!

1 Like