I need LGBTQ+ friend!

Heey!
I’ve always wanted a lgbtq+ friend for the longest time! If anyone wants to have a general chat or something just give me a pm/comment because I’m down!

6 Likes

I’m bi but I’m boring so idk. :joy:

2 Likes

I bet your not! :joy:

2 Likes

I have lame jokes and I’m weird but people like talking to me for some reason. :joy: I also have school at 7am so oof.

2 Likes

come over to my country today/tomorrow is whaitangi day so we get a day off school :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Wow. We only had school on Tuesday last week and I missed school yesterday. :no_mouth:

2 Likes

It was actually my first few days back at school this week after my 9 week holiday.

3 Likes

Lol I’m not sure about that. Even positive stereotypes are still stereotypes. Many of us are boring farts, just like straight people

12 Likes

Yeah I have social anxiety so I’m awkward af to people but if I know you for a while I’ll be fine.

2 Likes

Plus we all have different ideas of what’s funny. I suggest looking for someone who has a personality that meshes with yours, as opposed to looking for a sexuality or sexual orientation :wink:

12 Likes

No offense but the LGBT+ community and people in it are not your toys you can just play with whenever you want to. They aren’t objects, they are people. They aren’t an accessory either. Their sexuality shouldn’t matter.

Agreed.

18 Likes

I feel like clarifying that I didn’t mean all straight people are boring farts. I meant that many of us are, just like many straight people are.

4 Likes

I’m ace. I’d like to be your friend

1 Like

The fact that you’re looking for an LGBT+ friend specifically rather than just a friend doesn’t seem right. Your intentions may have been good but this looks like you just want to fulfill some gay best friend stereotype.
Someone’s orientation/gender shouldn’t be the reason you form a friendship. If you look for friendship in only a certain type of person, that friendship likely won’t last.

9 Likes

That’s exactly what I meant. Thank you.

3 Likes

Sorry if that was repetitive, I just got a little annoyed with the (op’s) post.

4 Likes

Don’t worry. Lol. I was too. I might not be apart of the community but it still made me upset she just wants them to be friends because of their sexuality. No one should treat them like they are some toys that you just want whenever you can.

4 Likes

Hi!
I’m just quickly saying this as some people have thought of my post as a racist,not good thread! Firstly I’m sorry that you think that! I had no intentions it would be something bad to ask for! All my friends are straight and in my town/school we don’t get that many LGBTQ+people in my school/town! Of course I don’t care about the sexuality of someone/my friends but I just really wanted a friend from the lgbtq+ community! I’m still in that awkward phase of my sexuality so I would love to of ask them about that. I don’t think asking for a lgbtq+ friend is making them a toy to you. This is also not a stereotype! Many many people ask for lgbtq+ friends on a lot of social media. So the last thing I want to say is that I’m sorry if I offended anyone! It wasn’t my intention.

Tags

@ShanniiWrites @EpisodeShadow @brinn

4 Likes

The correct term is homophobic, not racist. I don’t even know when we have mentioned race into this. :joy: And I see now. Thanks for explaining. It just came off as that way.

4 Likes

It seems to me you’re using excuses. First off, who are you to speak on what’s offensive to the whole community when you aren’t even apart of it? Along with what is a stereotype for that community? I don’t think asking is but how you approached them as wanting a friend just because they are gay. :woman_shrugging:t4: Like I said, making them seem as if they are objects. Second, just because others do it, doesn’t make it okay. Please don’t say those things. You’re making it worse for yourself then before.

5 Likes