I need opinions on a STORY IDEA!

This is kind of my first story writing the whole thing (I’ve helped out with coding) and I have an idea for a story but I don’t know if it’s gonna be interesting or not so I’m looking for honest opinions on whether I should actually make this into a story or not. Any kind of feedback is appreciated:)

So I’m thinking about setting the story in modern times with the MC being a high school student. I’m into supernatural stuff so to incorporate that, the MC’s mom is a banshee (who’s gone missing before she could remember) and the dad is just human. So the MC is half-banshee, meaning her powers aren’t as scary and overwhelming as the mom’s. Oh and btw banshees have the power to predict the death of others. The MC doesn’t know about the whole supernatural thing bc her dad kept it a secret until her powers start to show up and she starts seeing visions of people dying.

The climax is gonna be (spoiler alert!!) the MC seeing a vision of her LI’s death so her and her friends try to prevent that from happening.

I hope that made sense…
I’m not sure how to end it yet but if you have any advice on making the plot better or any questions please comment!!

Thank you for taking the time to read this!!

14 Likes

The plot seems really cool! I think you’ve got a gem of a story there.

The only things I would say is make sure the grammar is correct, the pacing keeps things interesting, and the dialogue is realistic. Those things are what turns me away or keeps me into a story.

3 Likes

Thank you so much!!

1 Like

Thank you!! I’ll make sure to keep that in mind when scripting!

Well it sounds interesting and like something i would definitely want to read! And i would suggest that you try to pull the reader in within the first few lines. As well as, try to end episodes with cliffhangers, so it will make the reader want to keep reading your story.

2 Likes

Thank you!!!
Do you have any tips on pulling the reader in???

You could try starting your story with some action. Something that is unexpected and exciting. You should also try to make the characters as real as possible because it gives the reader a way to relate to the characters.

3 Likes

Oh, I love that idea! That concept seems really interesting, honestly. I would definitely want to read that. I bet there’s going to be so many twists and turns! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would definitely read that story!

1 Like

I love your idea !! It’s unique !!

1 Like

The parent’s backstory s gonna be (better be 0-0) trippy asf.

1 Like

Okie! Thank youuu
I’ll try my best lol

Thank you!!! I’ll try to make it as interesting as possible

1 Like

Thank you so much!!!

Thank you!! There’s so many stories abt vampires and other supernatural creatures but not many on banshees so I thought it’d be a new concept

Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

Do you think I should change it??

I would most DEFINITELY read this!

1 Like

Change it NO, this idea is unqiue, I’m just thinking ahead lol, when the dad and the mother meet, or when she has flashbacks of her mom doing (strange things) but she was too young to understand.

1 Like

Thank you so much!!! It’s in the making rn!!

1 Like