I need opinions... SHARE FEEDBACK!

I have a few questions Episodians so please share you opinions with me. Is it bad when the author uses strong language and physical abuse in their stories? I’m writing a story based on true events. Now, the thing the MC goes through has no way of being sugar coated. I want to make the story as real as possible to what actually happened so I do use a lot of strong language. It’s not the typical bad boy story, it’s the actual real world type of problems. I’m just afraid using the strong language may be too much?!?!?

If you would like to check out my story here’s the information:

Tittle: Facing My Demons

Author: Lady Stephanie

Description: Roxyanne has been abused by her ex-boyfriend. Along with facing her demons, dating a gangster and finding her true self, she must unmask the one trying to hurt her.

Instagram: fmd.episode

Being_Roxyanne_posterThumb_5NktTgzKv6 Being_Roxyanne_posterImage_3TFmV0ObEh

1 Like

strong language is fine, as long as you have the warning sigh to let your readers know, and the abuse, hm, is kinda okay.

1 Like

I always put the signs regardless. I tend to use a few strong words and the abuse part was just one time when she was telling her friend what happened to her. Although in the future she helps out girls who went through the same or worse experiences as she did. I’m not sure if I want to show in the future a guy hitting a woman. But it is what actually happened. I’m just a little stuck there, should I make it part of the story and give the reader the full detail or should I keep it pg 13 which is hiding what really happened?

2 Likes

hm, i would go with this.

1 Like

wait for others to hear their opinions though :wink:

1 Like

Moved to Share Feedback. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

I am. Mostly everyone that I’ve shared part of the story with have agreed to just express how it happened. Just a few find it rather disturbing. A few girls that have been through similar experiences think that it’s strong but it is what actually happens in this f*cked up world. They think that not including it in my story is basically denying what happens out there with the unfortunate ones.

2 Likes

Thanks, AGAIN! lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can include WHATEVER YOU WANT in your story, Yes, this world we live in is chaos, and and others can experience abuse in family, relationships, etc, but at least in your story it is showing that, and how the character can come out of it.

That is just my view though.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I think. We can both agree on that. Thank you!!:fist::+1:

1 Like

:fire::raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3::fist:t3:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.