I need some help with a tappable ui

So. I have a skip intro UI overlay that I wanna make tappable and it becomes tappable when it passes the line it’s written on. I tried placing the tappable command at the start of the scene but it’s not letting the scene progress unless you tap on the overlay. I just wanna know if there’s a way the UI is tappable from the very start of the scene till the end.

1 Like

You could just insert the tappable command exactly when you need it instead of at the start. Like add all the overlays, do your scene, and then put it in so you aren’t forced to do the minigame first

I think an overlay can only become tappable at a certain point, and not left throughout a scene. I think if it were the case the reader would have cases of accidentally tapping on things that mess up the scene if yk what I mean

this is a part of it

EXT. SCULPTURE PARK - DAY with HOT DOG STAND to 1.000 0 0 in zone 1 at layer 1 with HOT DOG STAND TREE to 1.000 0 0 in zone 1 at layer -1 with SCULPTURE to 1.000 0 0 in zone 1 at layer -3 with TABLE1 to 1.000 0 0 in zone 1 at layer 1 with TABLE2 to 1.000 0 0 in zone 1 at layer -1 with TABLE2CEMENT to 1.000 0 0 in zone 1 at layer -2 with SPENCER CUSTOM POSE to 0.108 225 248 in zone 2 at layer 4 with SCULPTURE PART to 0.201 239 234 in zone 2 at layer 3 with T to 0.254 137 475 in zone 2 at layer 13 with H to 0.201 152 480 in zone 2 at layer 13 with E to 0.201 160 480 in zone 2 at layer 13 with F to 0.254 165 475 in zone 2 at layer 13 with I to 0.201 179 480 in zone 2 at layer 13 with V to 0.201 183 480 in zone 2 at layer 13
&overlay E_2 create from E AND overlay E_2 shifts to 189 480 in zone 2 AND overlay E_2 scales to 0.201 0.200 in zone 2 AND overlay E_2 moves to layer 13 AND overlay T opacity 0 in 0 AND overlay H opacity 0 in 0 AND overlay E opacity 0 in 0 AND overlay F opacity 0 in 0 AND overlay I opacity 0 in 0 AND overlay V opacity 0 in 0 AND ui SKIP INTRO create AND ui SKIP INTRO opacity 1 in 0 AND ui SKIP INTRO moves to layer 14 AND ui SKIP INTRO scales to 0.604 0.604 AND ui SKIP INTRO shifts to 194 459
tappable
“SKIP INTRO”{
goto skipintro
}

1 Like

the thing is i need the tappable to be tappable throughout the whole scene

1 Like

If you want an intro to play while having the choice of skipping it, you would have to put a series of codes on one line (your entire intro) using & before the tappable skip command.

hmm that’s gonna be a bit difficult

2 Likes

yeah :confused: i just wanted to make sure just in case there was something

1 Like

i think that’s what i’m gonna do. cause the intro is like one minute long

1 Like

Perhaps you could try putting most of the intro at the beginning using & instead of @, to keep it rolling as the tappable command does it’s thing. I don’t know if it would work on yours but you could try it. Just like-

&intro stuff
&intro stuff
(no @)

tappable
“bla bla bla”

So maybe it’ll go through the intro without stopping and play it while the overlay command is active. I have no idea if this’ll work but trial and error is all episode’s about :joy:
Either this or you could quickly put in a timed choice as the intro starts so that if they miss it it’ll just continue, and just shrink the choice down using @speechbubble into the corner of the screen or something.

It is difficult to put it all on one line but it’s doable. :slightly_smiling_face: You basically just merge the lines you have for your intro and add in THEN and/or AND and add in pauses into it too. Like

&CHAR starts animation then overlay TEXT shifts to in 3 then pause for 2 then overlay TEXT opacity 0 in 2

tappable
“Skip” {
goto skip_story
}

But if your intro includes dialogue, you’d have to make overlays of those speech bubbles and show dialogue that way instead because you wouldn’t be able to have dialogue happen during the tappable choice.

2 Likes

Thank you all for trying to help <3

1 Like

@Sydney_H you can close this

1 Like

Closed by OP request. :smiley: