I need some help with my description!

Heyy! I need some help with my story description!

Here’s what I have now: Dylan’s heart yearns for her best friend’s brother, Rhys. A forbidden love threatened by loyalty and judgment. Will they dare to defy and find happiness?

I feel like this doesn’t really explain my story the way I want it to. If anyone is interested in helping me, let me know and I’ll send you all the details :heartpulse:

Boost!!

I think it’s a pretty good summarization of the main point in the story, and I also love the question at the end. Have you thought about adding some adjectives to better describe the background of MC? For example - Dylan, a small town girl, etc. Or using some bold words as to why Rhys seems off limits to Dylan?

1 Like

I would love to, but I can’t fit them!! Descriptions are ridiculously short :sob::sob:

My story is set over the time of summer break, so I was hoping to find a way to add that in!

Best friend’s brother tropes are almost always paired with forbidden love so I feel like the readers will be able to gather that from the first sentence. You could change it to something like this:

“Dylan’s heart yearns for her best friend’s brother, Rhys. One summer break could change everything; will they dare to defy and find happiness?”

144 characters

But if you wanted to re-enforce the forbidden part of it, you could change it to:

“Dylan’s heart years for best friend’s brother, Rhys. Even though he’s off-limits, one summer break could change everything; would they dare to defy and find happiness?”

167 characters

Both options have wiggle room for change though, it’s just an idea.

1 Like

Thank you for these!! I’ll definitely consider adding some parts! :heartpulse:

1 Like