I need some help with my story

Hello, guys! I’m quite new to Episode, though I have read stories for the past three years. I have always wanted to write an Episode story myself. Moreover, I have been planning on writing one for almost six months now. Nevertheless, what I want at this moment is to ask you, as a reader, a few questions. (I need a co-writer and artist. Please inform me if you know anyone willing to help me out with the story)

Which genre is your favorite; fantasy or action (romance, comedy and drama will be added, however they will be minor genres).

A male or female protagonist? Or both?

Is a vampire story cliché? I have really planned out the whole story, plot, and the eventual twists for this story. I’ve tried staying away from “cliché” and regular plots. Whereas there will still be some ideas from both The Vampire Diaries and The Originals, as well as other vampire and supernatural series.

4 Likes

I know that there are a lot of forums that tell you what to do and what not to do, and what to avoid in order to make your story a good one — and I know. It’s difficult to stick to their guidelines. I have been working on my own story for about a year and a half (it’s already been published) and I wish I could’ve read up on some pros and cons for writing a story — there will always be that one person who has a problem with your story!

But anyway, regarding your questions, I believe that for the gender thing, if you are experienced with things like choices and advanced use of remembering past choices, then I would highly recommend that you give the reader a choice of what gender they would like to be. There are millions of stories with a female for the main character— it gets sort of tedious for a while. While a male main character is fresh and new — for eg: go read this amazing story called Smoke and Roses, by Jasmin Dee. The main character is a male and although I didn’t realize it, the male being the main character got me sucked into the story. Yeah.

Another thing to discuss is the vampire situation. I can’t stress enough about how many vampire stories there are on Episode. There are so much that many of them are identical to one another — my advice would be to avoid them (just because it would be hard to find a unique plot) but if you truly believe you have a cool and unique vampire storyline that hasn’t been done before — go for it! And as for the ideas from the vampire diaries etc, try not to make it too identical to them. Change things up as much as you can, but if you can’t, make sure to give a little comment in the story mentioning that you were inspired by The Vampire Diaries or smth along those lines.

Hope this helped and good luck on your story!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! This helped me a lot. I know there are several vampire stories, I have read some of them myself. I don’t want to sound rude or anything, but they were not really that well written. Though, I’ve never even written a story, so I do not know what lays ahead.

1 Like

It’s alright!

2 Likes

What is your story’s title?

1 Like

American Boy. It’s pretty rubbish as it was my first story — but I’ve changed my perspective of how it’s gonna turn out in the end after reading tons of advice about cliches.

2 Likes

Hi my name is Avionna do you want to be friends???

I need some help with my story

1 Like

i’m not sure who you’re talking to, but sure!

1 Like

I hope.we can be friends also.and btw thanks

1 Like

Let me say first that if you genuinely enjoy vampire stories and that’s what you want to write, you should go for it. Please don’t feel like you’re a “lesser” author just because you like stories other readers might consider cliche. Cliches become cliches because people enjoy them so much. And honestly, to me, writing is just telling the stories we most connect to over and over again - like an ongoing love letter to all the ones that came before us. Not being “original” doesn’t have to be sad. :slight_smile:

To answer your questions: Fantasy is my personal favorite. Either gender is fine, but having a male MC in a vampire story is super unusual and intriguing to me. Vampire stories are extremely popular, certainly, but that wouldn’t automatically make it a bad story.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.