I need some opinions

So I’m creating fantasy story. “Fantasy department” and I have two ideas so I can’t decide which one I should use.

1. You and your team travels around the world and investigates crimes done by supernatural beings.

Or

1. You and your team travels around the world and collect magical items, objects or artifacts.

In both versions exists and supernaturals and magical items. I just can’t decide on which ones I should focus more.

1 Like

I’d say 2. I like Quests and adventures like that. :ghost:

1 Like

Both of them sounds interesting ^^; It’s hard to choose between them.

2 Likes

Exactly

1 Like

I like number 2 a lot! Maybe you could combine both ideas! They travel the world and do both, like maybe there’s one BIG case and the team absolutely has to find the items/objects/artifacts to solve it while they also solve other cases!

1 Like

I would maybe focus on #1. Perhaps make them a team of total opposites to each other but over time they learn to work with each other. And perhaps the team can be a secret government agency that specializes in fantasy and supernatural.

And no…I totally didn’t get that last part off of your profile picture of the SHIELD logo that kinda does what I just describes :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That actualy was the plan. It’s inspired by two tv shows. Shield and Librarians

1 Like

They both sound really interesting! I prefer the second option, there aren’t many stories out there like this yet. You could always combine them a bit.

1 Like

In my opinion I say number one is more interesting! Totally would read. :grinning:

1 Like

I really love the idea of number 1! It’s sort of like the flash, but they don’t travel. (Im a really big flash fan) yeah you should do number 1 :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

What if you merge both ideas.
Originally a team of people go on an adventure to find magical artifacts. One of the artifacts has a significant value. The team begin to show their true colours. They slowly turn on each, due to their greed. Overnight, before they should head home, the artifact is missing. Now the MC has to figure out who stole it.

2 Likes

You practicly describe my idea for first episode. Also I was planing to do that thief will be love interest

That would be interesting.

Or maybe the Love Interest is the accused thief? The MC has to decided whether they’ll turn their back on the LI like the rest of the group did. Or stick by their side and find the true thief (if the LI didn’t do it)/ finds evidence that the LI did.

Nah. I thinking to do that LI is good known thief. And group sometimes might need help from that thief. Because some artifacts can be very well guarded, so you might need help from thief to stole them

1 Like

I really like the first option of solving crimes, but I do think it’s better if you find a way to merge the two ideas.
Examples:
-need to solve case to retrieve items
-all items gained are pieces of evidence for one big case
-artifacts are reason crime was committed
I really think you can get creative with it, either way I’m looking forward for the outcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I’m thinking to combine both ideas. It’s not that hard. I’m just gonna do one case is to find item, another to solve murder and etc.

1 Like

If you can’t decide which one, then what if you combine them, as @Lauren.Writes has suggested. They can be travelling the world, investigating crimes done by supernatural things (idea 1). One of their cases just so happens that to solve it, they must collect various magical items, objects or artefacts.

I’d suggest if you were to use idea 2, to implement a reason for which they are collecting such objects, apart from simply for the enjoyment, as some readers (not me personally) might feel as if it is a little pointless.

Perhaps you investigate a crime in which you encounter the supernatural being themselves, and the crime is that they have taken one of your team hostage. They bargain that if you collect various objects, which are the final pieces to their evil plan or something, they will return your team member. However, if you give them the objects, something B-A-D will happen.

If you use the above idea, no need to give me credit. Simply seeing it in a story is enough for me.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.