I need some tips...on a teen pregnancy story

So I am creating a teen pregnancy story, and no. I hope it will not be cliche.
I have researched a lot of statistics about teen pregnancy, and I hope that I can make it as real as possible, and also show the struggles of teen pregnancy.
So here are my main points that make it not cliche:
They don’t end up together
I know a lot of people will be disappointed with this, but it is true. A lot of teen parents DON’T end up together. And they are not automatically in love from the moment of conception. In fact, they were never in love, they were just together for one night, no more. They remain friends and only friends. There is no physical attraction (or emotional, I should add), between the two.
Neither of them are rich
Neither of them are rich. A lot of times, (in episode stories), the parents are rich, and the couple never needs to work. They just magically have the money for everything the baby needs. Of course, this is never the case. They both must get jobs, (and of course, the girl stops at her maternity leave point, but resumes when the baby is old enough). They will experience being fired, promoted (but not immediately), and rejection.
The Parents aren’t overly supportive
No, the parents aren’t going to kick them out, for those of you wondering. But no, they are not going to provide everything. And no, the dad isn’t going to be SO mad at the baby daddy. In fact, the dad in this story isn’t going to be mad at all, but the mom is going to be so disappointed, it hurts. (And I’m not going to give too much away, but it causes problems with them later).
Adventure is not out there, actually
The future does not hold too many exciting things for them, actually. She doesn’t go on to star in a movie, or write a book. (Well, maybe she writes a book), I don’t know. She lives a quiet, simple life. She has to go to work everyday, and she trades off her baby with the baby daddy.
Relationship Reality
She finds someone, and he finds someone. She has 3 more kids with her new lover, and he has 1 more. They are STILL friends, and not at all jealous of the other. They don’t just meet their new spouses out of no where and fall in love. They have known them for years, have dated for years, and finally got married. It’s not a run-of-the-mill decision.
They are not perfect
They do not look perfect, is what I mean by that. The girl does not have perfect skin, a perfect body, perfect hair, and is totally beautiful. (Of course, I can’t change a lot of these). The guy is not a jock, but not a nerd. He is average. He is not super popular, and neither is she. They are both average. And average looking.
Their friends aren’t horrible
Their friends don’t leave them after finding out they are pregnant. They are shocked, but they don’t leave. They don’t necessarily volunteer to watch the baby, but they do think that the baby is cute, and spend time with it. They don’t have a lot of friends, but they certainly don’t lose friends.

Tell me if you think this is all good! Also, leave any tips or other annoying cliches in the comments!

8 Likes

I came on here expecting such a cliche dumb-ass story. I’ve honestly never been so surprised. Love all of this. What you’re going for is amazing. This is great. Good luck! If you ever need help with anything, I would love to help with this story because I think it’s going to be great :blush:

3 Likes

(A Good story has an good name) This will be an amazing story there’s nothing wrong with it at all this I would read. I’m liking that you acknowledge that teen moms can be better than what people might think so Remind me when that Story is published…

3 Likes

Nothing to do with this but… “an” goes only before words that start with a vowel.

a story
an orange

1 Like

I type really Fast and i make a lot of Grammatical errors, but thank you for telling me this. …:smirk:

2 Likes

this story seems amazing :wink: you got all of the details exactly correct

1 Like

This sounds very well thought out! Everything seems careful and considered. Please tag me when this is out because I’m super interested in reading it!

One thing you might want to do, if you’re curious, is look on youtube and watch “Day in the Life of Teen Mom” videos so you can really see how their life would go the first few years of the child’s life.

1 Like

I like it so much! I think it will be amazing!
Good luck!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Lol it reminds me of a show by MTV about 16-year old girl being pregnant then moms at 17. They don’t end up with the baby daddy. But the baby daddy comes anyway to help the mom once baby Is born, and take care of it if needed. They eventually find someone else and they both do their lives with their lover.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for all the comments! It will be out in July! I’m so excited because this is my very first episode story. I have thought it out, and I am SO excited!
:kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Well, it definitely beats about 99.99999% of all teen pregnancy stories on the app. I can’t wait to read it when it comes out! :grin:

2 Likes

I think that the only problem with this story would be that I’m not good at writing and directing stories. Like I know how to animate, zoom, pan, cut, and character movement, but I’m still getting the hang of it, since I started not very long ago. Each episode might take a while because I am working on making each episode the best it can be. If you have any tips for me, please let me know!

2 Likes

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about story ideas and not coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

UPDATE
My schedule has changed, and the story will not be out in July. I cannot say when it will be out, but I will give a heads up on my Instagram and on the forums
@oliviabrame22

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.