I need someone who knows a lot about witches/witchcraft

Gluten Tag☀️
How is everyone today? Lately I’ve been uploading a lot of posts about my new story, sorry :joy:. Anyway I’m writing a story for the contest clue. I’m writing it about witches. The MC and her family are witches and are banished from their portal. I know a bit about witches and witchcraft but not enough. If anyone knows about this stuff and are willing to chat with me about this topic please please! Comment :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

@MayPenny I know a good amount! What do you need to know necessarily?

1 Like

I can help if you want :smile:

1 Like

@epi.river @Random.Tomboy
I need to know about mainly just them in general, I have a few questions that I’m stuck on and need help on. Do you have any recommendations on maybe videos or books?

2 Likes

Could you please tell me the questions so I can see exactly what you need to know? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Random.Tomboy I agree.

1 Like

Ok firstly, can there be another realm for them other than earth? Can they live longer than a normal human being? Can one witch have the ability to handle all spells? If you were a teenager would you be powerful? What are witches scared of?

Can a witch be born with all these powers/be all these?

2 Likes

Yeah, of course it can be

Yes, the most powerful ones can even be immortal (like they don’t die due to old age, but they can be murdered)

No, a witch can handle a lot of spells, but none can have them all

If you want a bit of realism you can say fire since they used to be burned alive in the middle ages. You can read more about witchcraft here:

No witch can be born with all of them, all witches have a weak point after all

Hope I helped :smile:

2 Likes

If a witch gets angry can she get more powerful? And by the way do you know any good witchy movies?

2 Likes

She won’t get more powerful, but she will use her already existing powers in a more aggressive way than normally (hope that made sense :woman_shrugging:)

Nope, sorry :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Ok great! How powerful could a teenage be?

2 Likes

Forgot to answer this one. Teenagers are usually witches in training. They can be powerful, but their powers won’t be at their strongest point until they become older (18-20 years old)

2 Likes

My MCs great great grandfather was one of the most powerful witches, her mum and dad combined are pretty powerful if she was 17 and was quite powerful, mother and father combined do you think that’s sounds unrealistic? Oh oh And! Could witches have two forms? Like a normal human and still has her powers but she just has another form of her that looks darker and is more powerful?

2 Likes

It’s a bit unrealistic. Was the great great grandfather from the mother’s family or from the father’s? If he was from the mother’s family and he was one of the most powerful wizards maybe you could make the father’s family a bit weaker? Like for example, the MC has part of her great great grandfather’s powers thanks to her mother, but also have some weaknesses because of the father’s family (for example: She can shapeshift into a black cat thanks to her great great grandfather’s powers, but only for a short period of time because her powers aren’t strong enough)<–this is just an example, you don’t have to do it

Sure, you can make them able change eye colour and hair style/colour in certain circumstances

2 Likes

Thank you! You’ve been a big help, would you mind if I message you if I have any more questions? It’s absolutely fine if not :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It was my pleasure :grin:

I’d love to help whenever I can so don’t hesitate to message me whenever you have questions :blush:

2 Likes

I’m Pagan/Eclectic witch if you still need help.

I would also suggest to watch Practical Magic, it’s a really good film :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll definitely come to if I have any questions, where’s practical magic on?

1 Like

hey! earlier you said witches can have a realm. do you know the name of one?

2 Likes

Hey, sorry, I don’t know the name of one but you can invent one yourself :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes