I need tips on how to finish a story

I really want to finish my stories but I just end up discarding most of them and leaving them unfinished. so it’ll be great if someone could give tips on how to finish an episode story or just any story really.

1 Like

So what helped me. I found real writing guides.
First of all u need overall story plot. That means think about what would be the climax ( crucial event) of the story. For example - MC got pregnant while being alone, husband died, villain performs some massive evil whatever. There! Keep it in mind.
Now characters. In writing guides I found questionnaire for characters. There’s a bunch of important questions, that u need to answer about each important character. This way u will have a clear picture of each important character and their own story plot, because there are characters individual plots besides the main one. I can send u links for these questionnaires if u want. Also, think about rules of your own universe, where everything happens. It’s important if u’r writing a fantasy story, but if it’s aka real life then it’s easy. And then just think, how to lead every character toward climax and the story conclusion. I think over my story whenever I have free time, while eating, before sleep, smoking etc. I ask friends for a test read of the first episode, and they give me some ideas or point things I might have missed. When u’ll have clear idea of characters, what are they like, you’ll love them, and be excited to write. At least that’s how it is for me.
There. Hope it helped

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since Community is for discussion of specific stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink: