I need your opinion about this (flagging and threads)

THIS IS NOT A RANT, I WON’T INSULT OR MENTION ANY MEMBER OF THE STAFF OR THE COMUNITY. I JUST WANT TO GIVE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. PLEASE DON’T FLAG THIS.

I created outfits, characters, and backgrounds for this community, I thought I was helping, but I shared the link in many threads where they asked for those things. I think it’s normal, imagine if you are asking for backgrounds character and I shared a link where you can find tons, what’s the point of flagging that?

Many of my posts were flagged by the community, why can’t people just ignore them? I never went off-topic or anything like that. Let’s discuss this topic, I really want to know your experiences and thoughts. Have you suffered something like this? What have you done to prevent this?

Don’t feel attacked if you flagged one of my posts, I’m not attacking you. I’m just saying you should just ignore me, I didn’t do anything wrong other than just sharing a link of one of my posts (which I won’t update anymore, so they will be closed now).

And no, don’t flag the post with something like “Threads announcing you’re leaving the forums”. I will continue here but know I’m afraid of even saying something simply because I will be flagged for no reason. I just want you to use flags in a conscious way, maybe I will be ban one of these days and it’s sad, I don’t think I deserve this.

11 Likes

Yeah, some people on the forums like to be trolls and flag anything in sight. It is annoying how easy it is to flag something. I have had many experiences like this (too many to name at this point). But if you go into the Stop the flagging thread you will see that a lot of people’s experiences with stupid flagging, some of mine as well. Also there was one time I got flagged although it was technically valid and I understand that. But at the same time I was trying to tell everyone to calm down in a thread where they were calling others slts and sht like that and I told them nice and respectively to stop since the person they were attacking had done nothing wrong. There was no need to insult each other over something so stupid but I got flagged for troll baiting. Since I was doing the moderators job apparently. :woman_shrugging: but if they had come and seen what these people were saying to the person just trying to help then it would have been dealt with hours before it did. Also having a sense of humour also gets you flagged so try not to say anything sarcastic on the forums.

8 Likes

I agree with you…
I never believe I went off topic or anything…
Many times my post got flagged when I was promoting my story in the “promote your story” thread…like …WTH!?? :expressionless:

DONT FLAG :unamused:

2 Likes

It’s true! I tend to have a dark humour so that’s why I don’t joke here. But as I said, people flagged posts that were sharing links to backgrounds, characters details, etc in a thread were THEY ASKED ESPECIFICALLY FOR THOSE THINGS

But thaks for your opinion, sometimes knowing that I’m not the only one helps a lot. Episode should penalize the people who flag posts without a valid reason, maybe they will stop or even get banned.

Those people should be flagged instead of us, it’s not ok to have people like that in the community.

2 Likes

It is flawed system. :woman_facepalming: You should definitely have to give proof when reporting. It is way to easy, I know myself I have flagged something before (for a good reason tho). But that doesn’t make sense if you were providing what they wanted why would you need to be flagged. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Moved to Site Feedback since this is about the forum. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

If you feel that a post has been incorrectly flagged, please private message me with a link to the post and I’d be happy to be look into it. :smiley:

3 Likes