I need you're opnion

I’m creating a story where the reader can choose if he/she wants to be an girl or a boy. this is a lot of coding but I also wanna add a sibling to the story that readers can customise. Now I wanna know what people would like the most

• Give reader the choice if he/she wants a brother or a sister
  • Don’t give the reader that choice

0 voters

2 Likes

i kinda fell like it will be to much work for you if they can pick between a brother or sister

yeah it is but I also love coding so it’s not that big of a problem it just makes me write really really slow

1 Like

I mean, if you’re up for it, I say totally go for it!

1 Like

I like the idea, though coding could be a nightmare.
I have to ask though, would the sibling have a significant impact on the storyline?
As an only child, I think my life would be a lot different if I have a brother or sister.

1 Like

this sibling is the MC’s only friend in life he/she is supportive and will help the MC become a stronger person. the sibling is also the only reason why the MC is enjoying life. so yeah they make a big impact such as giving the MC confidence

2 Likes

Gotcha.

What would happen if the reader chose to be an only child? Would anyone fill that role?
I’m leaning towards no.

As I said before, coding would be difficult, especially since if it could significantly change the story, but I think it’s your call to make.

It’s a unique thinking actually, but I think the plot plays the major role in stories, so as far as it’s appealing some really don’t care about those things. And some readers expect options in choosing Mc but don’t give much attention about family I guess. But few might like it though! So what I feel is instead of coding alot for bro or sis, you can utilise that time for the betterment of story line. It is just my opinion, it’s your story so you should do what feels right to you. All the best :+1:t2: @Minoesje

1 Like

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about a story idea. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

You can and just make the conversations the same between M.c and her sibling so you dont deviant from your story like.

I don’t think you should let them choose, because it may mess up the story line a bit. They should be able to customize their brother,sister if you add one in doe

Or I could just give the MC 2 siblings they can choose if the wanna CC them but they can’t choose one of them anymore that way the MC has 2 people who can support him/ her in life

1 Like

I suggest that you give them the choice, that would make the reader appreciate your story and choices.

Congrats on writing your story!
I think the idea of let the reader chose a brother or a sister is really nice, people would appreciate that. However, I think that’s not really necessary, it’s a lot of coding for something that the readers would soon forget. I think you should focus on the gender of the main character.
Good luck, sweety.

1 Like

I don’t think you should make them pick.

1. Readers don’t really wanna pick and don’t really care if they have brother or sister, they just wanna read the story.

2. The coding will be helllllll, trust me I literally explode when I get frustrated with it.

3. Well - it should be chosen by you since the story is about the MC not about the reader. The reader is only following the MC and making small choices for them.

1 Like

Yeah I think that I’m just gonna give them 2 siblings the only reason why i wanted to do that is because in my story they can create their self! like choose btween male and female . their will also be a lot of choices! but the coding for a brother or sister will be hell indeed so i’m not gonna do it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.