I promoted my story and it was flagged?

I had a post to promote my story and it was flagged??? It was flagged because it was off topic? I’m confused as to how it was off topic if I was promoting my story. Has this happened to anyone else??

2 Likes

Its weird it says of topic, I think more it was because of spamming.

you cant make multipe topics advatising your story

6 Likes

Moved to Site Feedback since this is about the forum. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

@Briar_Rose.1017 if you have any questions about a flag, please PM me with a link to the post or thread and I’ll review it. :smiley:

I don’t do much promotion topics anymore, as I barely have even touched writing since months ago.

In your case, however, I think you possibly either made multiple threads promoting/advertising your story which might not be allowed due to the guidelines or your topic was flagged for no reason. It’s not offtopic if you put it in the correct category (which I’m guessing is R4R/Promotion).

2 Likes

That was my first thread promoting that story EVER. I’ve only promoted that story like 2-3 other times on other people’s threads. And I put it in Promotion so idk.

1 Like

Mmmmm, I see.

I mean, you did promote your story in multiple posts (2-3 other threads) and an additional time in a new thread. Perhaps, others flagged the thread since you already promoted it in other ones so they found it unnecessary or something? That really sucks though, I apologize <3

Same thing happened to me. I’m working with one of the mods to fix it. Good luck!

This happened to me with my very first post. I replied to an R4R and it was reported and removed. I’m still not 100% sure why. I sent an email asking about it and never heard back.