I really don't wanna study in my country anymore - Schools in mah country rant -

Hey, I have no one to rant to so i’mma rant here, Sorry if you find me or this post annoying :grin:

So the first reason why I don’t wanna study in my country anymore is they don’t let us express ourselves by these first 3 rules:

1. They don’t allow us to wear colorful rubber shoes, They only allowed white rubber shoes, Not even black, This kinda annoyed me cause they don’t even really have a valid reason to not allow it, Like Why the freak would you not allow students to wear colored shoes? Like, Just why?

2. Boys aren’t allowed to have long hair, They weren’t allowed to have Bangs either, And The Girls aren’t allowed to have their hair untied, Teachers would get mad at you for not tying your hair because it looks “Messy” Unless your hair is shorter than shoulder length, Again, Why would you make this a rule?

3. No makeup. We’re not allowed to wear makeup, Even just lip tint, They’ll get mad at you if you wear makeup, I don’t even know why this is a rule

4. They would make a fuss about a student being late, They would be like " Why are you late?! Didn’t we tell all of you to NOT be late?! " Something like that, They would get really really mad about it, Sometimes they’d humiliate you too, I don’t know if only schools in our country does this

5. They would get really mad when they asked a question and you didn’t know the answer, This bothered me a lot since I’m very bad at math no matter how hard I tried to understand the topic, They would yell " Aren’t you listening?! Well, If you were listening then you would have known the answer! BUT NO! You weren’t! " Things like that and it seriously sucked

6. They would make a fuss about students being absent in class, They would ask why you were absent, And if you answer something like " I was sick " Most of the time they wouldn’t believe you, I don’t know why, They would lecture you about being lazy and stuff, They wouldn’t really believe you unless you had proof, For example, A parent’s excuse letter

7. No Lockers. We have to carry all our 7 books to school. Most of us just walk to school, And if you don’t bring it they’ll get mad at you

8. We’re not allowed to bring phones, If they see it even if it’s lunch, they would confiscate it and we have to get out parents to come to school so we can get it back

Yeah…

5 Likes

That actually sounds really bad. If you don’t mind my asking, what country do you live in?
Also, when you say “I don’t wanna study in my country anymore”, do you mean changing public schools or going to another country to study at University?

If that’s the case, and you do want to study abroad in another country, I would only recommend it if you have people you know around you. I know my sister wants to study at University abroad (in South Korea I think), but I told her she needs to be wary of the language barrier and the fact she doesn’t know Korean at all.

Its up to you in the end. Your school does sound terrible though lol

3 Likes

Oh my…rule number 1, 2, 5, 6 and 7 are just stupid. All the rules sound awful. Is changing schools an option for u? Or r u in Uni? If ur in Uni, u can follow the things said above. If ur still in school, u could try talk about the rules and maybe protest…surely there r other students who don’t like the rules. Wish u all le best :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

3 Likes

We have the same rule here and the books are really heavy.

But the other rules are just bad, are you finishing soon?

3 Likes

I mean rules number 1, 3, 4 and 8 isn’t so bad. A lot of schools have those rules. Just don’t bring your phones out during lunch and keep your phones in your bag. It was like that for me when I was in school. 4 isn’t bad but the humiliation part is certainly uncalled for. Rule number 1 is understandable to a certain extent. I mean wearing white shoes is a little weird but a lot of schools here also don’t allow you to wear colourful shoes only black ones and it’s really not that big of a deal.

Number 2, 5, and 7 is a bit extreme. I mean we never had lockers but we were never forced to carry 7 books especially if it isn’t needed. I kind of get having to tie up your hair but I also don’t understand why hair is any of their concern.

Majority of the rules you have do not sound uncommon and is not really that much of a big deal. Just follow the rules. However, the humiliation parts really need to be worked on. A lot of people cannot stand humiliation especially if they have anxiety or are just shy so that’s a problem.

3 Likes

that’s soounds horrible!
Maybe you could apply to a uni that has classes from people from all over the world!

1 Like

Yeah, It is really bad, I don’t wanna say my country’s name though since people from the same country as me might say that im giving our country a bad image, Hint though, It’s in Asia, My parents would probably not want to send me abroad though, Since it’ll be expensive, and yes, my school is terrible :sob::laughing:

1 Like

Thanks, It’s ridiculous, But too bad the other students we’re kinda used to the ridiculous rules ever since we started school so they think it’s normal, Also, My mom doesn’t want me to change schools, And like 90 percent of schools in our country have all these ridiculous rules

1 Like

Ikr, Also, No, I have a long waaaaay to go :sob:

1 Like

Is there any way that you can change schools?

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t know, Thanks for telling, Super yes to the humiliation part being uncalled for, Rule 1 isn’t that much of a big deal so I didn’t care that much, But still cared since I loved to wear colored ones, Also yeah, Carrying books sucked so bad, When students leave their books at home and the teachers ask why and they say because it’s too heavy to carry the teachers just get mad, and tell us to " deal with it " And like yeah, Who cares about our hair?? I’ve never broken a rule, But yeah the humiliation thing sucks, A lot actually cry when it happens

1 Like

No, My mom doesn’t want me to, idk why though, Also, 90 percent of schools in our country have these rules

1 Like

Yeah it is :sob::laughing:

1 Like

I think 5, 6 and 7 are bad but the others are fine honestly. We can only wear black shoes, no other colour is allowed to be present on the shoe, it also can’t be above the ankle. Boys are allowed long hair at our school (our only rule is that all hair is kept clean and tidy) however I can understand if they want hair to be a certain way. I have many friends who went to schools where girls couldn’t have their hair past a certain length and boys had to have their hair short. We aren’t allowed to wear makeup at our school, It’s really not a big deal. I can see both sides, on one hand, it can install confidence in someone and someone might be passionate about makeup, on the other hand, it’s not really a necessity and it teaches you that you don’t need makeup. Our teachers always make a fuss about being late, you shouldn’t be late to class, organize yourself so you aren’t. I understand being late if you were held up in a previous class or if you had an appointment or something. Number 5, no one should be humiliating you for something you don’t get. If you don’t get it, you don’t get it. Number 6, if you are absent they really have no right to tell you it’s for any other reason than the one you gave them. Number 7, books can be heavy and you should be able to put them somewhere. No phones I get, it can be distracting for students and it is a privacy and security issue. If someone films someone doing something and then posts it on social media or if someone sends someone something (nudes, R rated messages, secrets, rumours) and they share it, the victim can feel exploited. So overall I don’t think it’s that bad. But that’s just my opinion.

2 Likes

If u can’t then try to make the best out of it.

1 Like

Oof my school is almost like yours.

1. We can’t wear ripped jeans
  2. All girls have to have shoulder length hair
  3. Boys can’t have long hair
  4. No lockers either
  5. You get suspended if you’re late twice
  6. We can’t bring phones
1 Like

Don’t worry, People have different opinions, It’s actually not that bad, It’s just that I get super whiny when it comes to school rules :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Some teachers also blab about ‘How hard it was back then and how they were dying because of school and we had it easy’ It could be true but it still anoys lol

2 Likes

I will :blush:

1 Like

Oof man, I thought only our school was pretty sucky

Lol the schools in my country are just like that, well students have to wear uniforms and usually only guys with straight hair can grow their hair longer than a centimeter (can you believe that?). Other than 2 I don’t really have a problem…guess I’m just used to those rules :sweat_smile:

1 Like