I really want to use this character

i messaged the author to see if she can let me use the character. She hasn’t responded yet but would it be ok for me to use if I still give her credit?

Update: He doesn’t look as similar as I thought he would be
Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 8.34.39 AM
Tags:

Summary

@bakedpotato @Anna_Marie @atsukowrites @line123462 @Yoshi @AlexandraD

5 Likes

If it was me I would be ok with it because no one really owns the character except episode so it should be fine.

7 Likes

exactly

4 Likes

If this is the characters original design then no you can’t. Episode have rules on cross-overs and that is that you are not allowed them even if that person gives you permission to use their character. :woman_shrugging: They own copyright to that character therefore episode doesn’t allow you since they can’t keep record if you actually got permission.

5 Likes

i’m not gonna use the exact same guy. In the story his name is collins and I’m gonna change some of his features and his name. Would that still count as crossovers?

1 Like

Yeah, it says it is different but I would still get permission first so you don’t end up in drama.

2 Likes

If it is a character in someone’s published story it is and uses the same background for the character. Then you can’t but if it is just someone’s character details it is fine. Many people don’t know of the cross over rules so it makes sense why there is so many.

3 Likes

I am pretty sure you just can, its not like she own the features, episode does.

4 Likes

Yeah I see crossovers in a bunch of community stories.

3 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t fit into any Creator’s Corner categories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

I think it’s fine. They don’t look that similar anyway.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.