I typed "if" in the narration but it's recognized as snippet

Hello everyone. I’m new here and still figuring things out. So in my narration, I had to write something like “… if it weren’t for them.” But when I typed the word “if” it is recognized as snippet and therefore the narration won’t show up in the preview. Can someone help me? How can I use the word if in narration or conversation? Thanks a lot!

Try using a capital letter for the first word. It would look like this “If it weren’t for them”

Try not leaving any space between … and if

Ooh thank you, but it is not the first word in a sentence. The sentence should be “It would’ve been boring if it weren’t for them”. Is it possible to use if in the middle of a sentence?

Ahh thank you for your answer, but actually it should be “It would’ve been boring if it weren’t for them” so there’s no … in the narration. Is it possible to use if in the middle of a sentence?

That’s strange. I’ll check it in my own script and see if there’s any problem with the word “if”.

You can definitely use “if” for speech. You shouldn’t be having any issues with that. When you type “if” just continue typing and ignore the box with the “snippets” that pops up.

Oh I thought it was that as a narration. Then it is weird, because the word if never caused any problem in my script

No error message appeared when I tried to use it. Maybe the solution is to ignore it until you add more dialogues to your script :sweat_smile:. It may change and fix itself (?) :joy:. If that doesn’t work I suggest you contact the Episode team and report a bug/glitch.

1 Like

I just tried re-typing it and reloading the page and it worked! I think there must be a glitch. Thank you very much for your help! @AshminnaDominika @EtherealWitch @Dara.Amarie

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.