I Will Critique/Review The First Episode of Your Stories

From what I gather the story isn’t meant to be taken too seriously and it makes it makes critiquing it more obscure, as far as I can tell the story is good, but some things that I felt could be fixed is.

1. When [NAME] is at EXT. ABANDONED HOME - NIGHT zoom in on her when she says she’s lost.
  2. I’d add the overlay to the Background so it doesn’t delay when it shows up.
    IE: INT. BLACK with OVERLAY to SCALE SHIFT SHIFT

Happy writing!

From what I’ve seen your story is very good, I like that you use advanced zooming and directing as well as the use of overlays.

1. In EXT. CITY HIGHWAY LOOP - DAY You could zoom in on Camila and Izzy as they as they talk in the car.
  2. In INT. EURO HOTEL ROOM FLIPPED - NIGHT the hair tappable overlay isn’t working I’m not sure if it isn’t supposed to but in case you didn’t know I figured it’d be best to tell you.

These are minor things that don’t really affect the overall quality if the story.

Hi, thank you so much for this thread!
I just published my second story and I’d really like a review.

Name: Behind the Scenes
Genre: Romance
Author: Amelia
Style: Limelight
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5147207544274944
Plot: After years of being a struggling actress, you finally get a role that is going to change your life. Will your infamous co-star, Alec Pierce, be able to change your views on love?
Review, Critique, or both: Both
Number of episodes: 3
Instagram: Ameliamason.episode

1. In EXT. DUTCH COLONIAL HOME - DAY instead of doing:
    @CHARACTER1 starts animation
    @CHARACTER2 starts animation
    You can do:
    @CHARACTER1 starts animation AND CHARATCER2 starts animation
  2. When Karina exits the screen drag her to the right of the screen until she isn’t showing, copy that code and add walks to and change the time to 3 so it’d be like:
    @KARINA spot 123 345 in 0
    Then make it:
    @KARINA walks to spot 123 345 in 3.
  3. Make Karina and Mark bigger.
  4. if do INT. MUSIC AGENT OFFICE DESK OL - DAY with INT. MUSIC AGENT OFFICE DESK OL - DAY, you can move the desk. Put Abby a layer below the desk and Karina a layer above it.
  5. When Mark walks into the room, zoom in on Karina.

You said you were a beginner I think these resources quite useful:

https://forums.episodeinteractive.com/t/stupid-questions-that-never-get-answered-get-the-help-here

http://www.episodelife.com/ (this site has some useful backgrounds, but if you do use any of them, I’d make sure I know and credit who created it.)

Your story is very good so far, and I like that the plot is clear.

1. At INT. PHILADELPHIA BEDROOM - DAY, when you go to the customization, have the MC walks to the middle of the screen instead of gliding.
  2. In the same scene when the MC walks away from the scene after the customization, have her walk to that spot while doing walk_neutral_rear then doing the think_neutral animation.
    IE: @YOU walks to spot ABC ZYC in 3 AND YOU does it while walk_neutral_rear AND YOU faces right THEN YOU faces left
    YOU
    Now I should change clothes.
  3. In INT. DINING ROOM RESIDENTIAL - DAY when the MC hugs her mom she should be shifted slightly more to the right.
1 Like

Oh alright! Thanks so much! This is very helpful. Thanks!

Looking at your story, it’s got a fresh look to it, and it’s honestly very interesting. I like that you use overlays subtly to give it a more realistic look like when the MC is sitting with her mom and Cindy and there’s a coffee table overlay, and very subtle but it shows how much work you put into making your story the best it can be.

1. In EXT. DAD’S HOUSE - DAY when the dad gets up, have him walk to the spot while doing do transition_squat_to_stand_neutral.
    IE: @DAD walks to spot XYZ AB in 1 AND DAD does it while transition_squat_to_stand_neutral
  2. In INT. LA APARTMENT - NIGHT have Cindy sit slightly higher.
  3. In INT. LA APARTMENT - DAY make everyone a little smaller.

Besides that, your story is looking great so far.

1 Like

After looking at your story, I don’t really see anything wrong with this story and it’s coding. There’s only one minor thing that would change although it’s not necessary, and it won’t really change the overall quality of the story.

1. In EXT. JULES HOUSE - DAY when Ray walks to the step of the house that part could be a little slower.

You story is very good, and I can see that you put time into it.

Hello! This is my first story and I would like to have a review from you!

Title: The Unexpected Love
Genre: Romance/Drama
Episodes: 5 (More Coming Soon!!)
Description: You are secretly in love with your Best Friend. But things started to change unexpectedly when someone new entered your life. Will your choice remain or change? LL, CC
IG: @angel_epi_writes
Style: Limelight
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6124078612283392

The_Unexpected_wY_posterThumb_e8icqx3dSH

Okay, noted it! Thank you so so much!!! Means the world :heart: :heart:

Hello my story is “I wish it was just a dream.”
Genre: Horror
Episodes: 3 (more epi. coming soon)
You can find it easily on the app.
Author: Khanak
Thanks I will be grateful if you review my story :blush:
:purple_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart:

Hi! Thank you for this thread! It would be great if you could review my first episode (and add some critique) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Title: The Gifted
Genre: Fantasy/Romance
Episodes: (4 (more coming soon)

Being gifted or not decides whether you live a sheltered life or struggle getting from one day to another. What happens when these worlds are mixed up? (Choices/4LI/LGBT+/limited CC)

IG: @episode.anyi.e
Style: LL

Thank you! :pray:–>
Link: [http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4662543543107584 ]

1 Like

Hi,
After I read…

Story Name Out of Memories
Author Nadja Devlin
Genre Fantasy
Summary Nala woke up in a forest without memories and knowing where she is. What happened to her? Who is she?
Follow her steps and chose wisely who you trust and who you don’t…
Review, critique? Both if its okay u.u

Cover

Anything else I should know? You are amazing and I really appreciate you doing that for us :green_heart:

Story Name: After Dusk
Author: Dawn
Genre: Fantasy
Summary: A new pack of werewolves move into town and starts hunting humans. The towns resident pack of werewolves, and family of vampires must join forces to get them out. But there a few bumps along the way.
Review, Critique, or both: Both
Cover:

Anything else I should know?: Here is the link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6535949133742080

Thank you
Here is my story

Story Name: © :sunny: Tribe of Malapinchi (Original) ☽
Author: Jannah Jackson
Genre: Realistic-Fantasy/Mystery/ Adventure/Thriller/Horror
Story Description:
Tales of the Old Asians warned that WW2 scars still plagued the exotic-cursed tribe in the mythical land within the Pacific Ring of Fire at East South East Asia. The land of Sun, light & black magic, lies and dark secrets. Can you survive, solve the havoc, cleanse and heal, save and free everyone before it’s too late? Or die in vain?
FullCC/Choices Matter/MiniGames/Tappables

Summary:
~ An Asian fantasy-reality story of humanity, freedom and hope, aftermaths and consequences, test and trials, past, present and future, light and darkness, discovering oneself, friendships and kinships, leadership and truth. ~

** Review, Critique, or both: Both
Cover (With symbolic meanings of the cover inside the story too)

Any other information:

<> A story inspired from various real Asian tribes ranging from West to Southeast Asia (mainly traditional Asians)
<> Readers who are attentive to intricate details
<> Not a simple, easy and light read nor for the faint-hearted
<> Preferably 18 above and with reasonable IQ to appreciate the story
<> Inclusion and diversity and multiple real-life issues addressed.
<> To anyone who enjoys the fantasy, mystery, thriller and horror genres blended with real-life experiences and scenarios around the world .
<> Chapters are generally slightly longer than most episode stories due to the nature of the plot.(15 to 30 mins but maybe less depending on your pace).

Y’all can share ur stories here as well!
The Official Story Sharing Thread :star_struck:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.