IbisPaintX help

Hey! Ok first I want to say, lots of u might already know I have a art teacher but I’m pretty sure they live in another timezone and their not replying so I’m going to ask u guys!
I use IbisPaintX and I want to make some art but the only art I finish that looks less than half good is tracing and colouring ink characters AND IT STILL LOOKS AWFUL!
I just want some help of what I should do because I want to make some nice sorta cartoony art like @Jessica15 cartoony art.
So CAN SOMEONE PLS HELP ME.
I have no idea what to do.
And I know this might sound weird but pls don’t direct me to some tutorials because I have tried so many but I literally can’t.
U will be my life savior if u help me.
(I never realised how hard art is, amazing artists make it seem so easy)

Any tips would be appreciated.
I don’t care how many people have commented just put some advice down🥺

1 Like

hehe u mind sharing your progress with us? from there i can give you some constructive criticism :>>

2 Likes

Some tips I wish I’d have when I started are:

1. Canvas size: I use a size 2500+
  2. Out stabilizer on 6+ for a straighter brush
  3. Use the force fade
  4. Try using layers…
    :wink:
    I hope this helps, if you post your progress I may have more useful tips :heart:
5 Likes

@molly247 @natashaa and also all the tips u gave molly, I already knew but thank you🥺

These are my examples of the tracing and colouring I was talking about
Pls don’t make fun of them😭

I know these are so bad😭

3 Likes

They are not bad; but as a beginner, you should trace the character with one color. This way you practice on your outlines.

1 Like

omg they’re not bad! you’re off to a good start!

my only tips are to try lineart out, it can help differentiate different elements of your piece (since your shading is pretty simple) and for the face, don’t be afraid to use a smaller brush to add details. (it looks chunky because the brush is too big + use the fade in fade out thingy)

but overall it just takes time and practice! good luck :)) if you need more help i’m here

2 Likes

What lineart?
And thank you for the advice​:grin::heart:

1 Like

Thank you for the advice​:heart::sparkles:

your style currently doesn’t have lineart (outlines), which makes it harder to differentiate parts of your drawing (for example, fingers).

1 Like

Your off too a great start but I recommend to not get carried away with all the fancy tools on ibisX it really throws you off you should also probably draw the outline in a darker color so it’s easier and you can always change the outline color with the fill tool after your done I’m really into digital art so you can aways pm if you ever need help here are some pieces of my art

there not episode art though…

5 Likes

Also I don’t really want to keep tracing and colouring but will it help me???
Because if it will then I’m all for it but if it doesn’t…

1 Like

I don’t think you have to practice by tracing but it definitely helps getting the feel of digital art and the episode art style so it look more like the thing.

1 Like

Try outlining them

1 Like

It’s all baby steps; once you improve with outlines you move one to coloring over the outline, then to finding you coloring/ shading style; then find your own style. Of course, you can try finding ur own style rn :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think there was a how to tutorial on drawing with ibisPaint by property of name you should check it out…

1 Like

If you were talking about me not replying (sorry) I deleted my old acc and created a new one! I promise I’m not ignoring you :frowning: if you still want help from me my new instagram is @mdrawzz

2 Likes

IDK what’s happening but cool.

2 Likes

Hi! :revolving_hearts:
I’m an artist and i would love to give tips! :two_hearts:

1 Like

That would be really nice!:slight_smile:

1 Like

For a beginner, your art is beautiful girl don’t say it’s bad… It just takes practice :heart:

4 Likes