Ideas for a new short story?

I want to make a short story which is only about 3 episodes long.
I had an idea but it was just too much and it was getting complicated by the second.
So the main question here is if anyone can give me a few ideas.
Credit will be given.

2 Likes

Lead up to the death of the main character. Short story short life.

3 Likes

oh wow, I’ve never thought of it like that. I will definitely be using that

1 Like

awesome glad I was of help!

1 Like

Use each episode to reflect something.
I’m not sure what the plot of your story is, but if you’re splitting it into three episodes, you need to really think about what goes where.

For example, this is just a VERY basic story plan split into episodes:

• Exposition: Main Character introduced. Backstory revealed piece by piece which explains character’s actions up to this point. Chapter ends on present day, with build up to action.
  • Rising action: Action introduced, (depending on the genre, this could be a war, or a breakdown of one or more relationships, which lead to a character’s downfall.)
  • Downfall: Action ends, leading to the fall of a character. (If following @JessicaJaleres 's plan, the death of the main character.) Buildup of emotion or tension, ending with cathartic release (the release of this emotion.) You could either end on the character’s death, or the result of the character’s death, depending on your choice as a writer, or if you want to make the story more interactive, the reader’s actions will determine the outcome.
4 Likes

Thats a good structure to follow, I’ll keep it in mind!

2 Likes

Glad I could help :blush:

Btw if you want me to read your story when it’s done, just message me the name and I’ll read it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much, it might be a while until then because I’m writing my big main story first, but its appreciated!

1 Like