*Ideas for stories* Writer's block

Hey, guys! :wave:

It’s been some time since I’ve started writing stories and stories but in the end I never get to finish them.:woman_facepalming:

Actually I don’t think I’ve ever had an idea for sure, I just start writing and see where it goes.:woman_shrugging:

But well, I’d like to know, if you could read a story right now, what would it be about? Fantasy, love, drama? :prince::princess::mermaid::superhero:

I confess, to be a little tired of the clichés, like ’ The Bad boy ’ or the ’ nerd who has a makeover ’ :woman_student::man_singer:

Honestly, I really want to write about something completely different! I’m open to suggestions!:eyes::v:

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Well I think the popular type of story is romance really. And people actually love the stereotypes but I also understand you being annoyed by them. You can always add them in your story if you lack of ideas but change them so that at the end, it’s all yours and different.

I, myself am writing a romance kind of story and yes, there will be the b*tch and the bad boy. But I’ll try and change them so they seem unique and new.

I don’t know if I helped yet so I’ll keep you updated if I find some more ideas :wink:

2 Likes

Writer’s block? Do something unexpected! Transform someone into a badass :smiley:

Anyway, I like romance and comedy. I like realistic male characters… Male characters do have different mindsets than female characters.

2 Likes

Extending on Edera’s points - a story from a male perspective would be nice and even better from a POC.

So, this is a bit of a random plot idea but maybe you can look at the life of this young man and he is a bachelor - (dw he is a good guy) and his days as a bachelor are numbered. So he is of South Asian descent and in his family there is a lot of pressure of him getting married especially an arranged marriage.

So the main character does not want an arranged marriage but he is stuck on who would get with him but he meets a young woman at a cafe, they have a bond and slowly fall for each other. To add some comedy you could add some weird potential spouses that relatives approved of.

2 Likes

Hey there @Isis.09, this is Sydney the Moderator and we’re happy to see you here on the Forums! :smiley: Just moved this topic to Share Feedback since this is about story ideas. :wink: If you have questions about anything, feel free to PM me and make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics. :wink: