I’m stuck on a backstory for my villain on what made him become a criminal. This is not a gang/mafia story. Any ideas? This is an Action/Thriller kind of story. Some ideas that aren’t overused. This is my first time writing an Action/Thriller story, any help is greatly appreciated.
Is he like a supervillain with powers? Or a criminal in the “real world”?
Not a superhero story lol. I know others get confused about villains related to superheroes. I mean like a villain aka antagonist.
What does he do? Does he smuggle weapons? Kill people? Embezzle money?
I’m trying not to focus on that part because that’s mainly criminal activities. I’m talking about his past. Like I need ideas on what changed him to become a criminal. Hm. So, I don’t really know anything at the moment.
- All I know is that he had a past lover that didn’t work out, but they will reunite in the next few episodes after the antagonist’s men will invade a property/facility, and took two people hostages. which will cause the MC to set out to find the antagonist, and bring back the hostages. Hm, still drafting on that.
dept, homelessness. in his worst place. and then a simly kind person offerd help. the help was with condition of criminal activity.
That’s 1. Good idea!
Was he a good guy forced into a criminal life or is this just something he chose?
you can add parent to Mc life on how he was raise up from his past to his present .
I love this idea @lanafrazer_episode it fix for action of villian backstory .
well with my idea. it could be build upon he liked the criminal activity. and kept at it.
- Anger? Had a traumatic event happen to him. Maybe a life of crime was his pit stop to vengeance?
- A series of unfortunate events? Maybe he felt like there was nothing else left for him than to affiliate himself with a life of crime.
- Vengeance? In order to find/get to another high-profile criminal, he had to become one himself. Someone who killed his parents or child or lover.
- Power? Wanted to have money, status, women/men, etc. in the palm of his hands?
Love these ideas!
Maybe he was taken away as a child and he never knew his parents and he grew up with this horrible family. But when he finally met his real parents they were also awful (they say things like “we never wanted you” or smth) and he killed them (I don’t know how bad he is but let’s just say that he did it accidentally but purposefully at the same time idk) and that’s when his criminality starts. It’s probably not as a good idea as others but it’s an idea.
Maybe something traumatic happened to him that led him to his life of crime.
Maybe he was just raised in a bad environment with bad influences all around him and that led him to grow up and believe violence is the only answer,
Maybe he hates the whole law enforcement because of what they did to someone in his life and wants revenge,
Maybe he’s not a criminal by choice but by desperation, he HAS to do it to help someone in his life.
Maybe a parental figure pushed him into that boat
Child shares their dream job with their parents. Parents say something like “do something real and keep it as a hobby”. More instances like this occur. The child is driven to do things they hate while growing up and thus, ending up in a spot they never wanted and resent their past, coping with unhealthy or even abusive behavior in the present.
There are so many maybe’s and possibilities that could lead him to the life of crime!
These are just some at the top of my head.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.