INT. BEDROOM - FOUR

} elif (ROOMFIVE) {

INT. BEDROOM - FIVE

} elif (ROOMSIX) {

INT. BEDROOM - SIX

} else {

INT. ISLAND BEDROOM - DAY

}

I don’t get why I have an error. (No this isn’t the full if/elif/else code there is the if which is error free but it’s really long to copy)

What is it telling you when you have the error??’

UNEXPECTED BLOCK END: Did you forget the } that goes with {, or forget to put the word “choice” in front of the start of this choice option?

It has the X on

} elif (ROOMTHREE) {

(I am doing advanced scripting but this is either me having a blond moment or a lack of sleep.)

I think you have to put your choice names in quotation marks, but I could be remembering wrong.

It’s not a choice though, that’s just what the error says… It’s an if/elif/else code because if the reader chose the correct answer to the riddle game earlier on, they unlock a bonus option of picking which room they want. Or if they answered incorrect then they get the leftover room noone wanted.

Wait. I know. Your format is off.

It should be if (Choicename is “Option1“) {
}

Also, did you name the choice at the beginning. It should be something like
choice (Room)

You need to add stuff after the background name. You cannot have just a background name inside of brackets.

1 Like

Ah okay, so the error should be fixed once I add more stuff to it?

If I’m not mistaken I think you still need to fix your format. :sweat_smile:

But I used gains…

The choice chosen gives a certain gain e.g. ROOMONE, ROOMTWO etc.

@Dara.Amarie Oof, yep you are once again correct. Thankyou so much for the help.

2 Likes

Oh. I don’t know much about gains. But yeah, like @Dara.Amarie said you need to have more after the backgrounds. Maybe try adding in a simple character animation and see if that makes it stop?

1 Like