If elif else HELP

Hi I need help! I tried to do those “if” statements and it’s not turning out how I want it. I want to change back into the outfit the reader picked before but all it’s picking it the “Pink Pastel” (in the else section).

I will correct myself this is an way better example!

EXT. PIER - NIGHT
@CHARLIE enters from right to screen center
label dressing_game_1
NARR
Make choice

choice (OUTFIT_1)
"blue " {
@CHARLIE changes into CHARLIE_temple

} “white” {
@CHARLIE changes into CHARLIE_white

}“babe”{
@CHARLIE changes into CHARLIE_hide

}
NARR
Is this the ONE!
choice
“YES” {

} “NO!” {
goto dressing_game_1
}
NARR
Alright lets remember that!
#this is the part where the character doesn’t wear the clothes that the reader choose
@CHARLIE changes into CHARLIE_sexy

INT. BALLROOM
#this is something that is for you the script where the char had a different outfit
@CHARLIE exits right

#and now this here the script remebers what you’re readers have choosen
EXT. BRIDGE - NIGHT
if (OUTFIT_1 is "blue ") {
@CHARLIE changes into CHARLIE_temple

} elif(OUTFIT_1 is “white”) {
@CHARLIE changes into CHARLIE_white
}
else {
@CHARLIE changes into CHARLIE_hide
}

It picks Pink Pastel because
you didn’t format the dressing choice the way you want to deform it with if/elifs

Thankyou so much!!! would i put that same exact script if i were to start an episode with an outfit the reader chosen in an episode before it?

Preview doesn’t remember choices, it will always go with what’s inside the ‘else’ statement. Try on your app but reset story progress or unselect the flags in the story modifier tab. Also, you don’t need to do the if/elif/else in a new chapter. ONLY if you have since changed the outfit. But the characters will stay in the outfits until they’re changed again :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.