If I was a Popular Author

This thread is not for bashing and calling out popular authors within the Episode community because there isn’t really a use of doing it. Popular authors have been in some of our shoes once during their episode life, and the majority of them are truly genuine .

So, if I was a popular author, I would try my absolute best to respond to my reader’s feedback and compliments on my story. What about you?

11 Likes

If I was popular author, I would still do the same thing I do now… by supporting my friends, being me and not letting notoriety get to my head. :smirk:

21 Likes

Speak out against abuse and other harmful topics being normalized and use my platform to make others feel included by having diverse characters!

7 Likes

If I was a popular author, I’d continue to be involved in the forums as much as possible and give people help via my website. I’d still do reviews and talk about the need for good storytelling, not just good directing.

So basically I’d do the same thing I’m doing now.

The closest I’ve ever been to that is being popular at school, so I don’t know, but I genuinely hope I wouldn’t let it get to my head.

4 Likes

If I was a popular author, I would try my absolute hardest to make small authors whose stories are amazing and well written just as popular as mine and or maybe even more popular. I’ll also try my best to not allow innocent people to get bullied

6 Likes

If I was a popular author, I would do what I’m doing now. Nothing different.

I don’t see how responding to feedback has to do with being popular :thinking:

8 Likes

But also I wouldn’t allow myself to get bullied by my fans. We’d have a give and take relationship. They don’t own me and I’m under no obligation to recommend every single story or reply to every single message I get.

I feel like people underestimate how much stuff popular authors have to sort though. Plus, some people act really entitled. Yes, if an author finds your story good, it’s great to recommend it. However, not every story is up to every author’s standards.

3 Likes

If I was a mega popular author and getting paid from episode I would quit my job so I could focus more on writing and get an updating schedule going. I’d probably write out a full season of a story before publishing it, then do weekly updates and then while I’m doing the weekly updates I would have time to unwind and actually read my friends stories and read contest entries.

11 Likes

If I got popular for some reason, I’ll stay humble and respectful, and continue living my life peaceful despite the fact I’m popular on Episode :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Well, I would not get paid because I live in the ass of the world, so I would just enjoy the fact that many people love my stories as much as I do. I think I would eventually become some kind of ghost though. I could not handle so much attention. Plus, one mistake and the community would not forget it. Everything you say can and will be used against you.

Also, if I had underrated friends who write quality stories, I would shamelessly promote them everywhere.

8 Likes

If I was a popular author, I’d at least acknowledge when someone shared screenshots by pressing the ‘like’ button or a simple thank you. Depending on how much fanmail I’d get, I might not be able to reply to all of them, but I’d have a FAQ section at the end of each chapter and on my Instagram page.
And I’d definitely continue supporting my favorite stories, popular or not, by sharing screenshots. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If I was a popular author, I’d do the same thing I’m doing now.

1 Like

:clap: :clap: :clap: Same, you always gotta stay humble :clap: I’d just be myself, helping people (which is something i love doing a lot, no srsly, I have to help at least 1 person in a day or I will go crazy :joy: )
The great thing is that people who love you still treat u the same, maybe saying congrats, but overall they treat you just like they’ve always treated you :sunglasses: :revolving_hearts:

P.S I don’t get that excited when it comes to meeting famous authors (even though I :heart: writing) or celebs but politicians is totes a diff story and i need to work on that lmao :rofl:

And we’re all amazing humans with great accomplishments :heart:

7 Likes

If I was a popular author, I would make sure to use original story ideas no matter what.

1 Like

If I was a popular author, I’d try to find more hidden gems and bring them to the light a bit more. Use that popularity to bring others up rather than put them down.

3 Likes

id be happy that my story themes/lessons reach a large audience and id use my platform to uplift smaller authors who make quality stories. id do basically the same as now, just happy that i have a bigger voice

4 Likes

Be the same as I am, help whoever I can as I do now and always recognize the ones that support me as I do now.

2 Likes

If I became a popular author, I would freak out first.
But after I got over the shock, I would probably spend more time with writing so that I could get into the payments program, and I would read more too and think about ways to promote underrated gems. Maybe I would even create an Instagram account to share my favourite screenshots there :thinking:

At some point I would possibly leave my comfort zone, and I would try to write something serious that actually has some moral message for young readers. It would be probably that bad that I would end up not publishing it, but I would try :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

I don’t think I’d do anything differently that I do now. That being said- currently, I get a very manageable amount of DMs and fanmails. I know there are some “popular” authors who have over 1000 DMs and they just can’t stay on top of them. They also often miss posts they’re tagged in because there are just so many. (Even I’m guilty of this on occasion.)

4 Likes

Bump