If there was one thing you could add to Episodes, what would it be?

Uh ok

It’s odd how every male character is some muscular hunk, and every female character is skinny and fit, I suppose you could say. In the case where you want to have specific characters that are, like yours, anorexic, the body styles Episodes provides don’t really allow that. I don’t feel Episode will ever introduce different body shapes. With how their character models are, and how clothing works, it would essentially require a whole revamp of everything. Which, as I said earlier, I highly doubt they would do.

2 Likes

Another thing I’d like added: a getting shot animation. Right now, people just use the faint or fall animation (forgive me, I forget the name of it). When someone gets shot in a story. That animation makes it look somewhat awkward. Sometimes, it takes me out of it because it looks so off. I’d like a more proper getting shot animation. Maybe one where the person is hit and wounded, and another actually falling to the ground, dead. With that too, maybe a proper “dead” animation would work too.

1 Like

I’m not sure how exactly to implement this using code, but I think it can be done. At the end of Shroud, the author gave a password to the reader based on their choices (I think there were 8 possible passwords). When the sequel comes out, readers will enter their code so that essentially, the choices will have carried over. I assume this was done with gains somehow, but I’m not sure. I’m not very comfortable with really advanced directing like that. But it’s reassuring to know it can be done! Of course, it would be much simpler and easier if Episode could let choices carry over, so I still very much support your idea.

1 Like

Yeah, it can be tricky to do. I do want to try something like this, at least my story still isn’t finished, so I’ll have some time to figure that out. But yes, it would be so much easier if Episode made this feature.
Especially because it could let reader customize mc character in the first story, and then have the same features in the new one… for instance, when I read Demi Lovato story, I changed the features in the second story, because I didn’t read it straight away and forgot how I customize mc in the first one… so it kind of felt like a new story in a way :woman_shrugging:t3: And in my story, I let readers choose a bit of mc personality, like what’s her favorite drink, color, if she’s an indoor/outdoor person, what genre she sings (she’s starting out as singer), how she behaves around the media, and with certain characters. I literally have 2 big branches and 4 sub branches right now, and it would be amazing if they carries onto the next story… But I’ll give it a try, especially now that I’m revamping, maybe I can find a way :see_no_evil::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Branching is definitely not my favorite part of making the stories… so geez. More power to you.

1 Like

Haha, the coding is fine. What takes me longer is making sure I write something equally good and different for each branch, you know… make sure they always lead to different outcomes :smile:

1 Like

More clothes

BUST SIZE!!!

We don’t need anything else, I swear. Bust size, that’s it, you can make characters different like that. It shouldn’t be hard for Limelight since its newer technology :sob:

2 Likes

adding in pets or babies I know you can on computer but I’m on my phone so I don’t have that luxury

1 Like

They should allow royalty free music that’s not copyrighted :slight_smile:

4 Likes

They should add more shoes for females (most of them are high heels and others are boots, a little bit of sneakers or the armoured shoes or ballet shoes lace up ) I haven’t seen sandals (except for the red polka dot one in limelight). Like, not every girl wears high heels… it’s really annoying.

2 Likes

I also want them to add the option of custom music, I feel like it could be possible if they just review the music just like they do with the background

1 Like

My favorite hairstyle is the “Long Feathered” one. Very beautiful.

I think that episode should add more hair and more diverse hair because not everyone has straight hair, it would be nice to have wavy hair and curly hair, buns, hijabs, braids and basically more hair styles in general

3 Likes

They have majority of these. Though, I agree.

FEATURE: Create New Season button this might be similar

1 Like

Agree

1 Like

The ability to voice over characters.