If writing a story then with a happy ending or with a sad one?

Hi there! I thought it would be interesting to discuss this topic.
Remember, respect each other’s opinions!
Feel free to tag anybody you want.

Tags

@DaydreamiiE
@BadassSaasha
@sofia2
@_haruka
@Kalinda
@JemU776
@Silver_Shadow

So, if you wrote a story, would it have a happy ending or a sad one?

Actually, I don’t know about myself. I def wanna break reader’s heart during the story, maybe several times. But would I do it right in the end of a story? Probably yes…

6 Likes

Lol I don’t mind eather of them…but I prefer sad ones…cuz I love to hurt myself Lol jk jk :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I’m honoured to be tagged :joy:

@Chocolate_Mama @Keeko @24aya @Silver_Shadow

I’d break the reader’s heart several times throughout the story, yes, but I don’t know about the end… I wouldn’t want to put a sad ending, but definitely not a happy-ever-after, because that’s boring. I’d put a beautiful or sad but hopeful ending :heart:

4 Likes

I would end my story with a sad ending if it was an all around sad story. if the whole topic of the story revolves around sadness and grim moods then i would end it with like that. i normally write dark stories but if a story has moments of happiness in it then i would tend to finish it with a happy ending

3 Likes

I like an happy ending

1 Like

I am hounred to be tagged too :upside_down_face:
Da multiple endings :sunglasses: I would wrote a story where the choice could lead to either sad or happy ending because I can’t choose between sad and good ending :sob:
But I prefer sad ending more , because they broke my heart and makes me rember da whole story :sob:

2 Likes

Such a wise ShiSter :cry:
We stan

1 Like

We are da wise SHisTer :sunglasses::upside_down_face:

1 Like

Oh MAH Gawd I’m honoured :scream::cry:

1 Like

Haha :sob::sob: I am honoured for honouring you ,:upside_down_face:

1 Like

I’m honoured that you think that :relieved::upside_down_face:

1 Like

I prefer happy endings but I don’t mind either, I also love endings that end with a surprise, whether it’s happy or sad :smiley:

2 Likes

Why not both? :wink:

Branching and choices in general exist for a reason!

I would definitely make both… and a sad yet hopeful ending, too, because those are my favourite!

3 Likes

Sad, I feel like every story has a happy ending it’s just always expected but i don’t mind as long as the ending doesn’t seem rushed or dumb:).

2 Likes

If it was like “Try staying alive with your mom” or something I’d make one character die and then let it be beautiful in some way

1 Like

Depending on my mood if I was happy when I make it to the ending I would make it a happy ending. But throughout the whole story I would go up and down and have people gain so much hope then crush their soul when they think things are going well. Then just because I can be cruel I’ll end the story in the most twisted way you would never see coming.

2 Likes

I love sad endings! They’re so pure and raw

2 Likes

I live for happy endings cuz they bring hope when real life isn’t going so great. But also cuz they are the best :heart:

2 Likes

Really depends on the story itself for me and what feels appropriate tone-wise. Though I suppose multiple endings are always an option.

3 Likes

I’m writing one with a sad ending right now. If it doesn’t end sad, I wouldn’t be able to (eventually) make a part two and it would be too cheesy xD I don’t like cheesy and cliche

2 Likes