If you are from the US, reply to this question below please! <3

Thank you

1 Like

I would also like to add, Private schools are typically funded by tuition paid by the parents and fundraisers. Meanwhile, public schools are supported by the government, and extra stuff is funded through fundraisers. Ergo, private schools make their own curriculum and do not need to follow a specified curriculum. They can teach or not teach whatever they want, and hire and not hire whoever they wish to as they would be considered a private enterprise (to an extent). Public schools follow guidelines that the state sets that they need to follow. For the most part, public schools follow state testing to make sure each student is up to code and the school doesn’t fall behind the standards set in place.

2 Likes

Thank you so MUUCHH!! I really appreciate it and also what is a semester? I’m afraid that I’m asking a very DUMB question! :sob: :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

A semester is half of a year of schooling.

I’m not sure about colleges but in High-school you would typically begin the school year in late August or early September the first semester would then end around January. If the second semester starts in January it would end at the beginning or close to June.

You’re welcome. No, don’t worry, it wasn’t a dumb question. In my opinion, there can never be a dumb question unless you ask something you already know the answer to. Like RandomUnicorn said, a semester is half of a school year. What I’m about to say is not always the case but semester 1 starts on September 6th and ends on January 27th. Semester 2 starts on January 30th and ends on June 14th. However, seniors have a shorter 2nd semester. Seniors get to be done with the school year before the freshmen, sophomores, and juniors. Depending on the school, seniors may finish high school in late May or early June.

SOME information about public high school - PART 2 (keep in mind that this information may change based on what school you’re in):

Graduation walk

The seniors get a graduation walk in which they walk in their high school halls with their cap and gowns. While the seniors are walking, the freshmen, sophomores, and juniors will stand against the hall walls and clap for the seniors. During the walk, they will play music on the speakers. After the walk is over with, the seniors are allowed to ride the bus to the elementary and middle schools just for memories.

Caps and gowns

Caps and gowns are not always black. There are many different colors for caps and gowns. In my high school, for whatever reason, they make the girls wear a horrible color and make the boys wear a good color. So the boys and girls at my school are not allowed to wear the same color caps and gowns. I find that dumb but it’s whatever.

What time does school start and end?

High school start and end times vary so the start and end time that I’m about to say is not always the same time as other schools. Start time: 7:45 A.M. End time: 2:30 P.M.

How early do students arrive to school?

From what I’ve noticed, 98% of students arrive 15-35 minutes early. You may be wondering what we do at school that early. Well, we just talk to our friends or enter our first class super early.

Are most of your assignments on paper or on Chromebooks?

It depends on the class but most of our assignments are done on Chromebooks.

Tests

We only receive multiple choice tests. However, if you take a psychology class, they’ll have you do about 36 multiple choice questions and then 4 short answer questions. We mostly do tests on paper. However, some classes have us do tests on the Chromebook. It really just depends on the teacher.

Math quizzes vs. math tests

Math quizzes have less questions than math tests. Math quizzes aren’t multiple choice but math tests are multiple choice.

Where do you find your assignments if it's on your Chromebook?

Our online assignments are in Google Classroom. We use Google Classroom religiously (we use it every day).

Do you use textbooks?

Nobody uses physical textbooks. If we ever find ourselves needing to use a textbook, we use online textbooks that the teacher provides on Google Classroom. In psychology, we only use the online psychology textbook when we need to write down vocab words.

I remember when I graduated high school, boys wore blue caps/gowns, girls wore white. In college, it was all black.

1 Like

Some movies make it seem like caps and gowns in high school are black for everyone which was why I mentioned that. In my high school, the girls wear white and the boys wear purple. I hate the fact that girls have to wear white. Like I literally feel like the school is saying, “Look at these innocent young women. Come get them.” I wish girls could wear purple or at least something that isn’t white.

Now that you mention it, when I graduated middle school, girls wore yellow and we wore blue. I personally think keeping it blue is better logistically speaking.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.