📚 If you could make up a school subject, what would it be? 🧐

My school did, we would sew custom costumes for drama and keep some of them and did makeup as well. It was fun :woozy_face:

1 Like

Ooh!! Now what about a fashion design class!

Now that sounds like fun :eyes:

1 Like

I was awful at the makeup in drama. I must have wasted so much product. I could never make it look like a bruise, it looked like I tried to paint a purple mess on myself. :woozy_face:

3 Likes

My school actually has this, we have different movie makeup artists come in and show us how to do different makeup tricks like injuries and aging

3 Likes

I’d say a class where they teach us stuff we actually need to know like what to do at a college interview, or job interviews, or just basic life knowledge that we’ll need know.

2 Likes

My story teaches makeup :wink:

1 Like

Cosmetology covers quite a bit like nails, skin, and hair.

1 Like

LOL. You have to know the color wheel to get an awesome bruise lol.

That is cool. Most people have to go to a technical school to get that experience.

A mandatory black history class… or LGBTQ+ history class, cause its 2021 but some people are still ignorant…

3 Likes

Eh, I am not going to become a MUA. It’s just not my area of expertise. :woozy_face:

1 Like

Most people aren’t lol.

1 Like

I loved doing bruises :joy::full_moon_with_face:. You have to start off with a very light purple base and go in with yellow and green to build it up and add red if you feel like it’s not how you want it to look. It’s more of a tapping motion than swiping :weary:

1 Like

There are a thousand ways to do a bruise depending on the skin color. Great job with different color selections :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Bruises are more advanced color techniques. There are so fun to do.

Yeah we had to study something similar to this

Example

And then use this palette along with others

🌝

I was always on bruise duty since I would always make mine look realistic somehow

2 Likes

I love Ben Nye. So pigmented.

It sounds like you had fun. Did you learn how to make neutrals or did you rely on the chart solely and hope everything blended?

I did have fun, took that class my last 3 years of high school.

I would look at their veins (weird I know) to see how I should play it out either to add more cool tones or warm tones to their bruises

2 Likes

Veins are a helper. Sometimes you can switch it up with the foundation selection to cool or warm things up. That is why I asked if you guys learned how to make neutrals.

It also helps to have access to the primary and secondary colors when mixing.

It is really hard to get access to pure colors. Most palettes are tertiary colors.