If you could only recommend one Episode story, what would it be and why?

If you could only recommend one Episode story, until the end of time, what would it be and why?

If, for the rest of your life, every time someone created a thread asking for story suggestions to read, you had to recommend just one particular story, what would that story be and why?

You can say your own if you like, but still be honest about the reason why (as in you want to promote yourself, you want to get yourself in Payments Program, you are just really super proud of it, etc.) and please refrain from sharing links or posting covers.

The why part is the point of this whole thread, so please include it in your replies :blush:

2 Likes

The runaways bee uses the plot is good and the drama is good and it would make you want to read more of it

1 Like

Iā€™d recommend my own story. ā€œWhat If You Were Famous?ā€ I would because itā€™s new and itā€™s my first story, Iā€™ve been writing since January 2018, making sure to get at least a ā€œdecentā€ directing, (watching videos, practicing with draft stories, etc.) and also, I want to write a great story. I want people to play it and receive feedback as well. I think itā€™s really great for a first story, actually. I would totally love some review from it, so I can improve.

As for an story thatā€™s from another author, I would say ā€œLove, Julien.ā€ from @smg.episode, itā€™s very simple and she inspired me to write as I am right now, it has a great story and deals with some sensible themes, although itā€™s not the main theme, in that case it would be romance, I totally recommend it. . :grin:

3 Likes

Adrenaline by Evil Ebonni

At first, I avoided it because gang stories really arenā€™t my thingā€¦but Iā€™d heard such good reviews, so I took the plunge and boy I donā€™t regret it at all. Iā€™m still shook. I was hooked from start to finish (or most recent to be accurate), both by the plot and the characters themselves. The directing is amazing, too.

I love how the story isnā€™t just about Liane: you get to see the backstories of other characters, why they act the way they do and how they develop. I often went from ā€œI canā€™t stand them at allā€ to ā€œoh my god protect them at all costsā€ bahaha. One of the supporting relationships really touched me and to be honest theyā€™re my favourite relationship on Episode so far. (To be specific: Cyril and Frank. Iā€™ve teared up during their scenes multiple times haha, both because I can relate and ohmygod theyā€™re super emotional.)

I do have a small issue with how Liane kind of bounces between love interests, but I understand that it would be difficult to choose a single love interest when some of them donā€™t appear until later on. #teameric tho

2 Likes

Iā€™d recommend River by Alexandria because thatā€™s the first story I read of hers, loved so much, and recommended. Then she read my story (I didnā€™t ask her to) and sent me a fanmail saying she loved it and added it to her recommendations :heart_eyes: When I saw I got super excited-she was the first person to recommend my story on the app and it meant the world to me :sunglasses: She was also the first person to send me fanmail-I felt like giving up writing on the app, but her encouraging words pushed me through. Then, I found out she had Instagram, so Iā€™m like ā€œI NEED to follow her.ā€ I made one and followed her as well as other Episode users, and we became friends and sisters. Her friendship and support means a lot to me, and her stories are super amazing-River holds a special place in her heart and Iā€™m so lucky I had the pleasure to read it :wink:
P.S When I first met her, I knew virtually nothing about directing-no spot directing, no zooms but Iā€™d say I improved XD

2 Likes

Envy because it has a good story line and a good mix of romance, drama and mystery. It is personal favourite and recommend it to all my friends!!

1 Like

I personally would say Four Kingdoms by PL. I started reading the story last year and it was pretty much straight away one of my favourites. The author wrote it in such a beautiful way, I was able to connect with the characters, feel their emotions and strain, etc. It is so well written, I feel like Iā€™m with the characters. I love it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

He canā€™t tame me by Meila Summers.

It is amazing and it touches on so many important subjects and issues that people face today (mental issues, sexuality, abuse etc). Itā€™s incredibly well written and every character is fleshed out and serves a purpose. I also really like it because you donā€™t always like and agree with the main character and the way sheā€™s acting. Itā€™s very interesting.

1 Like

The Ruby Tiara by @wincyyellow!

Strong female lead, long episodes with legitimate consequences with choices and good directing. A lot of actual character development and world building. Characters all have unique personalities and motivations, I actually got attached to some of them. You even have a choice between 2 love choices or none at all and focus more on the story. You can really tell the author put a lot of thought and hard work into their story. I highly highly recommend!

5 Likes

The New Girl, I first read it back in 2016 I think, something about it is very unique to other stories, and it is what inspired me to get off my lazy backside, and start creating stories. :heart:

2 Likes

Agreed!

I absolutely adore Adrenaline. I am amazed by how well it is directed and I love all the incredible overlays and effects. I am truly impressed by that!
I also love how close you get to some of the other characters, especially Cyril and Frank (they have really stolen my heart!) but also Derek and Sarah. I love how much insight we actually get in the ā€˜evilā€™ guysā€™ life. Generally, all the charactersā€™ backgrounds are very detailed, very well explained and thereā€™s great focus on it which I think creates an amazing bond between reader and character.
I think thereā€™s a fair level of diversity in it, too. I absolutely adore Nick and Nova and their wonderful accents (I canā€™t get enough haha).
The whole thing about the rebellion really appeals to me. I love the way the story supports equal rights and the importance of fighting for it.

3 Likes

I would say ā€œShadowirdsā€ (@radarstories on insta). Itā€™s the deepest story Iā€™ve read so far. Itā€™s like you are able to taste each line and live through the story. Itā€™s heartbreaking, but something that makes Episode app alive at the same time.
But I really do love all stories that @ceri.writes has brought. All of them (Falling for sin, Us at midnight and Bitersweet wounds). I ccanā€™t say for sure which one to name as the best from these four, 'cuz there is something that makes alive all of them. Itā€™s hard to explain why I love them, because there is bunch of feelings running through your body while you read them.

2 Likes

Youā€™re so sweet! Thank you, love. <3

Thank you so much <3 <3 <3

1 Like

Campus Crush Classic. The first story that Episode produced, Classic style, decent plot and most choices matter. Itā€™s a wonderful story, i couldnā€™t recommend it enough. Sad that the first EVER episode author doesnā€™t write for the platform anymore. She could write a brand new story or maybe even a spin off of Campus Crush.

1 Like