I'm close to quitting, is anyone else struggling to write?

Hey everyone,

So here’s the deal, I’m working on my first story and had some good ideas for it but I’m in that stage where I like the ideas but I don’t LOVE them. I was coding and then I stopped coding to try and focus more on the plot and how chapter one would be but the ideas just aren’t coming to me at all, it’s like my mind is foggy.

I think I’m basically experiencing self-doubt and worrying about if my story is even going to be good. and I’m also feeling like because I struggle with the coding that I’ll never get there. :joy: I know that this all takes time but I don’t know what to do. Do you think I should take a break and wait till I feel inspired?

7 Likes

Hey maria
Im a newbie too
And i havent published any story but ive just started too and i get it.
Its really confusing in the beggining
Youtube toturial videos reaaaaalllly helped me with coding if you havent tried it yet i recommened it.
And no i dont think you should stop
Sometimes we need time to think about what we want our characters and plot twists to be so beilive in yourself and try harder
Do it for fun and dont care what others may think of the story

1 Like

@Maria.episodestories @Rebeca.rose

Hi there girls, please listen to me.

I have been on episode for almost 3 years, have quit and re-started so many times, I have classic, ink and LL stories on the app that have been unfinished because I was either bullied or uninspired to continue.

I had no help, no friends until I met my best friend Honey on here .

I am now re-writing all my stories in every style with her help,

If you girls need any inspieration, please send me a message on here or my IG page mafiastar.episode

I will help you out as much as I can, please just don’t give up.

2 Likes

before publishing a story its a good idea to have a rough version of the plot so you know what you are doing. just a few lines there tell you what you want in a chapter can help you a lot. and NEVER published if you dont know what the ending shall be.

3 Likes

Thanks for your support Rebeca

I started with the YouTube tutorials to and they’ve helped me to understand the basics, right now I’m looking at the guides. Because I’m not focusing on coding at the moment, that’s not really a problem right now but it’s more coming up with ideas. :pensive:

Good luck with your story also :sparkling_heart:

Thank you so much for offering to help Hannah, that’s so nice of you :relaxed:

Thank you so much :relaxed:

1 Like

I’m here to help.

I know how you feel and I love helping people as much as I can.

I’m on the fourm every weekday and on IG at night every day

I’m here if you ever need to talk about anything xx

1 Like

Thank you :relaxed::sparkling_heart:

Anytime xx

1 Like

I think that forcing it it’s not useful. Stories need time to be created and they do that by themselves, when your characters don’t leave your mind and you can’t stop thinking about them then the story is ready to be written!

1 Like

Ompf, I totally understand.

I had a really depressing slump where I wanted to toss all my ideas out the window. I felt that I really didn’t think this through before writing it. While the skeleton of the plot was ok, all the meat and fat that went into it was tough to make. Now that I’ve given some time to work through the issues, it’s finally taking a good form. :slight_smile:

@csr is right. All ideas need time to form and grow. In fact, we had an idea for our first story in late november. But it felt so unsatisfactory on many levels and we’re still working on revamping it! (This is roughly our 5th time yikes.) Sometimes, your characters need to evolve through time. Give it time. When daydreaming about your story finally becomes fun again, then pick up your pen and write.

2 Likes

Thank you for that, that made me realise that I’m really not there yet. :joy: :relaxed:

1 Like

You’re first paragraph is so relatable, that’s what’s going on with me. It’s like the plot is good and makes sense but something is missing and I don’t know what. :joy:

Thank you for your lovely comment, this is really helpful. Daydreaming about it actually seems like a chore now, so you’re right when you said give it time. :relaxed:

Also good luck with your story! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thank you!

Happy to help :smiley:

1 Like

Hey there Maria,

I have published one story with 21 chapters. In the beginning it was really fun for me to write and create. But when i uploaded i think the 16th chapter, people started to leave hate comments in the Q&A section. I’m was 14 years old back then, and couldn’t handle that at all. I took a break for almost 4 months. i hated everything i wrote, and also had a foggy mind. I think you should allow youself to take a break, and get new idea’s. Because it worked for me too. And now i have a stroy with 140k reeds. And starting a new story.

Even now, i sometimes think im experiencing self-doubt and worrying about if my new story is not going to be good. I simply let my self take a break.

Never ever doubt yourself again, cause it will break you.
Love you,
May :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Oh no! I’m sorry to hear that you had to experience those horrible hate comments May, especially at 14. :weary:

Thank you for sharing your experience, I think your right. I’m probably going to go on a hiatus. :joy: Because like you said, then maybe I’ll be able to find some new ideas quicker.

By the way congratulations on that many reads and being able to start a new story! Those are really great accomplishments. :hugs: I’m sure your new story will be just as good and when it’s released I’ll even read it.

Thank for all of your advice, and ILY to. :blush::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

:yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

1 Like

Don’t worry you’ll get there soon

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is about Episode stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like