I'm conflicted (help me make a relatively big choice about my story)

I have this really really good idea for a story (in my opinion) but I don’t know if I should make it on Episode or just write it and see where it goes. (Like an actual written book not published or etc. lol but yk, people would read it and not play it on episode). I’m hesitating because I know some people on Episode like stories that really go into the emotional side and the storytelling side, but a majority of readers are only on the app for romance stories with so much choices! This story if I made it on Episode, yes there would be choices, because I’d like to make alternate endings and storylines, but it would be way more about the story and the character development. It’s not romance, and there is like a pinch or romance in the story but it doesn’t focus on the “official” mc, but on other main characters. Idk if I’m clear. The thing is, I would like making this into Episode and direct it, just as much as I’d like to write it on paper and describe everything but you don’t actually see it, you know, like how a book works? haha

Brief details about the story itself

It’s a very dark story about studies on the brain to understand how it works. All the people that are studied are studied against their will, as the study is actually illegal and led by an arrogant neurologist. The “candidates” or “subjects”, whatever you want to call them, have pretty dark backstories, which is why they were “chosen” for this study.

The story is in a sense about the study itself but it’s mostly about the effects being held against their will it has on the subjects. It’s about how the subjects develop such a strong bond together and form such this weird “relationship” with their holder, which actually saved each of them in a sense.

I hope you understand what I’m having trouble choosing between. But like, I’d even enjoy doing both. So I need your help, please vote. If you want me to do both, which I’m open to, just choose both options. If you want to know more about my story, simply ask under here or dm me for details!

• Do it on episode
  • Write it on paper (well technically online but you get it)

0 voters

I would read it

2 Likes

I personally prefer deeper story lines and not too much romance (as nearly all episode story’s focus on romance) so give it a go! Planning it on paper would be a good way to (sort of) write it down - so you do get the writing part of it.

If that makes sense?

3 Likes

Yes I get what you mean, and I’ve already written down the core of the story (if that makes sense haha), and that’s not exactly the writing part I’m talking about. Writing an Episode story is very visual and graphic, because you literally “direct” movements and animations. What I like about writing is all the description and really going deep into how the characters see each other, how they feel, how they perceive the current events, and you can do that on Episode in some way, but that’s not satisfactory enough for me. I’m really choosing between going down the “graphic” route or the “descriptive” route, because as ironic as it is, I hate when writers spend 20 bubbles describing what the characters are doing in detail while they’re stuck on some loop animation because I can already see what they’re doing thank you very much.

Really don’t know if that was clear

1 Like

I’m also really scared about the public side of things because if I do it on Episode I have no chance of making it bigger if I want to. Whereas if I do it in real life I could show it to a very different public with completely different interests. On Episode you want visuals, not writing. Idk

1 Like

Sorry I was unclear. I do understand what writing you were talking about.

I say give both a go.
Writing may be easier to start with because you’ve gotten everything down how you want it.
Maybe if people like the descriptive story then try make it in episode.

Try both :+1:
(I would read both)

1 Like

Personally, I don’t really like all the romance in stories and I prefer stories that are deeper, so I would read it.

2 Likes

In my opinion, I think you should write it on paper (or online) and then once you’ve finished it and have figured out the endings and the story as a whole, you can then make it into an episode story if you want and add the choices. I do enjoy reading books which focus on descriptions etc. and I feel that episode is flawed in that area. Also, if you do end up writing it on paper, please share it with us because I would love to read it.

1 Like

Of course I will, thank you for wanting to :grin:

1 Like

I myself, would love to read both! So please let me kniw when either/both is out.

1 Like

I honestly would love to read this! Sure, I love the romance component in a story, but I also think this story would just be fun to read!

2 Likes

@Freya_1806 @rebecca8890 @Danielle318 I’m going to write a first chapter (online) on a google docs and share it to you when I’m done.

3 Likes

Ok great!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.