I'm desperate for help/advice on how to get my story read!

I get where you are coming from, it’s sometimes real exhausting to put in all of this effort into writing and then have no one read and appreciate it. Although, I think you just have to remember the reason you are writing. If you are just writing to gain reads and not because you are passionate about it, then maybe writing won’t become as fun to you and in the long run you won’t have the urge to keep up.

Also, the amount of reads you get IS NOT a way to measure how good your story is. Your story might be as good, or even better, than stories with millions of reads, people just haven’t discovered your story yet.

I wish you good luck with your story and I hope you find ways to put it out there and attract readers. Have a nice weekend! :revolving_hearts:

10 Likes

well said!

3 Likes

Thank you. I appreciate the advice and encouragement. I guess I’m just feeling a little defeated. I’m not quitting though. I have big plans for this story.

3 Likes

you go girl!!!

2 Likes

Thank you!:blush:

Hiii! Might I recommend checking out our new Episode Explained topics. This one in particular is about how to get more reads for your story and written by the Episode team :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I understand what you are saying. I love writing. I always have. I think it shows but maybe I’m wrong. I’m running out of ideas and just feeling a little defeated but this will pass. Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

I really liked your story, it’s still on my shelf! Don’t be discouraged if it’s not getting reads, everyone moves at their own pace. The amount of reads it has doesn’t measure how good it is. & When you’re doing r4r, have them send ss first! I also recommend making some friends in the community. We all support each other!

2 Likes

Thank you.

boom!

maybe you could promo on insta, make sure small cover is catchty. honestly just work hard on your story and you’ll get what you deserve sometimes you may have to wait longer but thats ok. don’t let the number of reads you have stop you writing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you.

currently reading. love everything.

1 Like

Even if you do R4R, you can increase the number of reads for it… but not the number of supporters as you are working to get the story complete. Try getting your story reviewed by other authors in episode groups on Instagram. The story reviewers will be shouting out your story, share their thoughts on it, and how you can improve on it. It’s like hitting two birds with one stone. Perhaps advertising your story via instagram through popular hashtags like #NoticeMeEpisode. Entering a story contest can also bring awareness as well.

I don’t have any stories published currently to do R4R with you, but I would be happy to read it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll help you promote your story. But I need your help on making my story. pm for more, please.

On my instagram and shelf. :wink:

1 Like

There’s an instagram that can help you they are @newlydiscovered.episode use their hashtag #noticeusscavengers and they might give you some love (read their highlights and stories to know how things work though)

2 Likes

They can help you with making your story more advertised, then people can be interested in reading it

1 Like