I'm Don't Understand With This Warning

Ok so I don’t really know what’s happening but I’m coding a mini game for my Christmas special, now at first everything was fine but when I added the 18, 23 and 25 choices in, I kept getting an error that says “Overlay animation has been created, You’ve created multiple overlay with the same name in your script, any animations will only applied to the most recently created one”

The thing is, I just uploaded the overlays and this the only time I added them in this choice so why it’s giving a warning I don’t know, I even tested it out on my phone and no error showed up

Here’s what I wrote:

Blockquote
NARRATOR
Hint: Grieg’s Land
choice
“1” {
sound computer_plink
@overlay A2 create
@overlay A2 shifts to 62 387 in zone 1
@overlay A2 scales to 1.000 1.000 in zone 1
@overlay A2 opacity 1 in 1
@pause for 1
} “14” {
sound computer_plink
@overlay N2 create
@overlay N2 shifts to 66 387 in zone 1
@overlay N2 scales to 1.000 1.000 in zone 1
@overlay N2 opacity 1 in 1
@pause for 1
} “15” {
sound computer_plink
@ALEX +1
@overlay O2 create
@overlay O2 shifts to 66 387 in zone 1
@overlay O2 scales to 1.000 1.000 in zone 1
@overlay O2 opacity 1 in 1
@pause for 1
} “18” {
sound computer_plink
@overlay R2 create
@overlay R2 shifts to 65 388 in zone 1
@overlay R2 scales to 1.000 1.000 in zone 1
@overlay R2 opacity 1 in 1
@pause for 1
} “23” {
sound computer_plink
@overlay W2 create
@overlay W2 shifts to 62 388 in zone 1
@overlay W2 scales to 1.000 1.000 in zone 1
@overlay W2 opacity 1 in 1
@pause for 1
} “25” {
sound computer_plink
@overlay Y2 create
@overlay Y2 shifts to 62 387 in zone 1
@overlay Y2 scales to 1.000 1.000 in zone 1
@overlay Y2 opacity 1 in 1
@pause for 1
}

So is there something wrong with my script or is it a glitch?

It’s not a glitch, the error is just stating that you’ve already created that overlay somewhere in your script and it is telling you that the animations such as scales/ shifts will only apply to your most recently created version.
It will work fine through previews and what not.
Just check that none of your overlays you’ve created in the choice have already been added with the background since sometimes that’s the problem.

That’s the problem, i’ve checked my script and there was no code saying @overlay OVERLAY create twice

However I just wrote down &overlay OVERLAY clear and it disappeared, which I find odd but it fixed it for me

Perhaps you created the overlays again after the choice by accident?
Anyway, as long as it’s all working now; it doesn’t matter much. :blue_heart:

is it possibe you have this overlays ore one of them above thhis choice already created?

Maybe next to the background istead of using @overlay NAME create?

No, I just did @overlay NAME create once for each overlay and the error came up, it went away when I wrote &overlay NAME clear

To be honest, I just find this very weird

This happens when you have a label before the overlays and a goto that goes back to the overlay. This will cause multiple of the same overlays because of the goto that goes back to the label and recreates the same overlay. That’s why adding the clear command gets rid of the error message because you’re clearing the overlay and then creating the overlay again which prevents the overlay from getting created/duplicated.

1 Like

That makes sense