I'm in need of some help..?

The issue has been solved, thank you : )

4 Likes

You’re never alone, many others including myself struggle with stress anxiety or depression, I’m really sorry I know how hard it is moving to a new town where you don’t know anyone, from experience I’ve had to move to 3 different middle school’s but that was my fault because I was a bad kid and got kicked out, but basically I had to push myself to talk to people and I’m grateful that I did, also love you should never have thoughts of doing anything to your beautiful self! please talk to a counselor at your school!! you’re not alone and if you just ask for help you will get help

:heart: :heart:

3 Likes

Hey! I’m really sorry you’re going through this, I’ve struggled with my mental health for years and I’d love to PM you if you wanted to talk <3 My advice would be baby steps. Take some time to think about whats making you feel this way, if there are reasons and think about small things you can do to make yourself feel better. I would definitely recommend speaking to someone trusted or a professional if thats possible or safe for you though.

3 Likes

Being the new kid is always hard. I moved twice a year (minimum)for almost my entire childhood/teen years. I can tell you that it does get easier. Being in a new school system that does things differently is hard, but give it some time and you’ll get into the new way of doing your work.

As far as friends go, you WILL find your people in this new school. It’s hard but you’ll get there. I did.

I think you should talk to your parents about how you’re feeling. You may think they won’t care or get mad, but they really just want you to be okay and they love you. I’m a mom, and if my child was thinking dark thoughts, I’d want to help.

So, no you aren’t the only person to feel that way, and you probably won’t be the last. BUT you do have the power to better your problems. Try making conversation with a stranger in class. Compliments go a long way with making people like you. So, if you see a nice bag, shoes, necklace just say “hey, that’s a pretty necklace”. They’ll thank you and that will give you an opportunity to make a friend and find out if you and this new person have anything in common.

But, you will get through this, I promise. And if you ever need to vent, PM me. I’m older and can help you put things into perspective. You are a awesome, caring, and cool person who will find new friends and the classes will get easier the longer you’re there.

2 Likes

Aww, It does suck starting from scratch especially in a new town and school you’re not accustomed to. I remember when I went to a new school and literally everyone disliked me for no reason. I tried talking to the girls so I can be friends with them but nope they didn’t want me around. I remember going home for lunch just to cry on the bathroom floor wanting to disappear wondering why everyone was bullying me and guess what? Afterward, things got better. I got to meet new friends and got my confidence back. Things might feel strange and rough at the moment but you are in charge of your own life. Try finding people who you can vibe with even if it is just small talks. You’ll be surprised how there’s good people out there.

4 Likes

Thank you all so much, just hearing that other people have experienced this too has already made me feel me better than I previously did :blush:

5 Likes

I’m glad, like I said, a lot of people go through this.

Everything feels harder than it has to be right now, but give it some time. You’ll find a friend or several friends (Remember quality over quantity! Good friends that have your back are better than popularity any day! lol

Just take it a day at a time and you’ll find your comfort again. :slight_smile: I say comfort because I always felt like it was a punishment to move for the 3rd time in a year, but eventually I found a way to feel comfortable where I was
And I learned a really good coping mechanism. Find a hobby. Any hobby-- roller skating, photography, painting etc. Something that isn’t a site-specific hobby. That way, you’ll always have something to “take with you” wherever you are-- that you can do to feel more you in a new place. ((this is something I still do because my husband’s job requires travel and moving around so still use this.)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.