I'm loosing motivation

I have been working on my story’s first chapter for about 3 weeks, i took a break. I then go to read it on mobile but it all messes up and i havent even gotten to the new bit. i’ve looked over the script in the area it’s messing up but it literally doesnt have the coding to make it do what it does. it might be a glitch but im not sure. i want to carry on but i feel less motivated.

4 Likes

We all have these moments but at the end you may be happy that you haven’t given up!
If you want I can have a look at your scene and maybe I can help? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m sure your story is AMAZING!! We all have those moments where we feel like it isn’t good enough and start doubting ourselves but you have to look past it, you’re still learning and everyone needs a little help here and there all you need to do is step away and think how can I make this better. Take time for yourself and don’t put too much pressure on yourself. Maybe invest in getting yourself a notebook where you can jot your ideas down or make notes of things that you got wrong in the past so next time you can do better. If you would like me to have a look at it I would love to and my insta is episode.el1 if u ever need a chat xx

6 Likes

I totally get you, it took me like 2 months (almost 3) to have my first chapter ready! And of course, it was because I often lost motivation on the way, but whenever I did lose my motivation I just took a break so I can have time to reflex what I want to fix or what I can improve and then whenever I gain my confidence back I went back to coding. It was out of this world difficult to finish that first chapter but I can assure you that when you finish it the rest will be easier :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Don’t give up yet, you need to persevere to achieve your goals :clap:t2:

6 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is about Episode stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

2 Likes

Just think about it like this: Once you’ve pushed through this lack of motivation and finished and polished up your first three, four, or even more episodes, and then send them into the app, it’s a wonderful feeling. Because once you do, you’ll see that it was all worth it, and you want to continue and you want to finish your story, because then, you’ll have put something wonderful out into the world, and whether it touches one or one million people, it will still be worth it.

No matter how dire or grim it looks now, keep on chugging. It will all be worth it in the end when you can look back at your story and smile, knowing you and you alone have created something beautiful and wondrous.

3 Likes

I know how hard it is, trust me. But imagine the amount of reads, the amount of fan-mail you’ll get once you publish your story. If it’s what makes you happy, then go for it. We all have our days where we lose motivation, but that just means you need to recharge and come back when you feel better. Always imagine the result, that’s what helps me write my story. :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Thank you for the tips! I will carry on and hopefully reach the second chapter soon! I need to add a few more things but I will carry on trying. :two_hearts: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.