I'm sad (2021) flagging needs to stop

So, my posts keeps getting flagged as spam and i did nothing wrong. I post hairstyles ideas and both of those posts got taken down, whoever is flagging my posts, Please stop!!

11 Likes

I didn’t flag them, but they may have been removed if they didn’t follow the format for art features such as the correct title formats and descriptions or there may have been the same or similar threads previously posted, rendering yours void. Those are just the possibilities I can think of.

13 Likes

Seriously!! I think someone is deliberately trying to mess with you :triumph::angry: since even your this post got flagged even when nothing is wrong with it.

Whosoever this is, be a human and apologize for your actions.

7 Likes

I agree, there’s nothing wrong with this post and even this has been flagged.

I’m sorry that this is happening to u, if u need to speak to anyone about it…u have me, @Anu_RomanogersFan & others (:

5 Likes

Moved to Site Feedback since this is about the forum. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

I feel sorry since your threads keep getting flagged for no reason at all, it must be very frustrating.
However, maybe it might be a violation of guidelines or something else; but I highly doubt that’s the problem.

Hopefully your threads won’t get flagged anymore, you don’t deserve it! <3

4 Likes

Aww thank you so much!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This happened to me once too and I reached out to Episode and apparently, if you have several similar topics created before the others were closed, it will be automatically flagged by the system as spam.

It’s not because you do something wrong but the system sees it as spam and marks it accordingly. Try not to post a new topic with e.g. ideas for new hairstyles if you still have one open, cause technically you could just add this to the already created (by you) topic :smile:

2 Likes

I’m sorry it happened to you :frowning_face:
I’ve gotten flagged too, because my topic was a duplicate topic and I had no idea that it was… it’s so hard not to get flagged

2 Likes

Hi! I would like to come here and say whoever is flagging my posts to stop. I’m doing nothing wrong, I have posted ideas and ask questions. I know I may post a-lot in a day that’s because I’m new to coding and have a-lot of questions. I understand that I can watch youtube videos, look it up but tbh it’s easier if i get a how to instruction from a person. I understand that my posts can not be in the right catergory or the title is wrong, but If the catergory is wrong, just pm me and I will fix it. if you don’t like what I post than get off of my page! I’m tried of having many many posts hidden and locked just because i did something wrong. Also, why are my ideas getting flagged and remove? Do you guys not like them or are those wrong too. Whoever is flagging my posts please stop! I’m still new to this forums stuff and won’t know how everything works. i’m still new at coding and still need help. I posted hairstyles ideas last night and those got close for no reason. But now those threads are fixed and there is not a need to flag them. I even posted a background idea today and more hairstyles ideas but those got flagged for no reason too. What am I doing wrong? Is it how I word things? Cause if i’m doing something wrong or the title is wrong, instead of flagging my posts , you can pm me saying what i’m doing wrong. Also, if you don’t like what I post on here, get off of my page. Thank you for those of you that supported my ideas and help me though these rough times on here. Thank you for those of you that helped me with coding. Please stop flagging my posts! Respect others and respect what they need to ask and what they need help on and if that’s person has a idea but you don’t like it, ignore it! If you don’t have a answer to my question, move on to something else. If someone does a thread wrong, than comment what they did wrong not flagged their posts just for something they did wrong. Thank you for all of you guys that read this whole thing! :slight_smile: :pleading_face: :heart:

4 Likes

Hi! I would like to come here and say whoever is flagging my posts to stop. I’m doing nothing wrong, I have posted ideas and ask questions. I know I may post a-lot in a day that’s because I’m new to coding and have a-lot of questions. I understand that I can watch youtube videos, look it up but tbh it’s easier if i get a how to instruction from a person. I understand that my posts can not be in the right catergory or the title is wrong, but If the catergory is wrong, just pm me and I will fix it. if you don’t like what I post than get off of my page! I’m tried of having many many posts hidden and locked just because i did something wrong. Also, why are my ideas getting flagged and remove? Do you guys not like them or are those wrong too. Whoever is flagging my posts please stop! I’m still new to this forums stuff and won’t know how everything works. i’m still new at coding and still need help. I posted hairstyles ideas last night and those got close for no reason. But now those threads are fixed and there is not a need to flag them. I even posted a background idea today and more hairstyles ideas but those got flagged for no reason too. What am I doing wrong? Is it how I word things? Cause if i’m doing something wrong or the title is wrong, instead of flagging my posts , you can pm me saying what i’m doing wrong. Also, if you don’t like what I post on here, get off of my page. Thank you for those of you that supported my ideas and help me though these rough times on here. Thank you for those of you that helped me with coding. Please stop flagging my posts! Respect others and respect what they need to ask and what they need help on and if that’s person has a idea but you don’t like it, ignore it! If you don’t have a answer to my question, move on to something else. If someone does a thread wrong, than comment what they did wrong not flagged their posts just for something they did wrong. Thank you for all of you guys that read this whole thing! :slight_smile: :pleading_face: :heart:

1 Like

Having read this, I’m not sure what posts are being flagged, but they have been done for a reason.

On the forums, flagging works where each flag is approved by admin members before it is hidden. Therefore if it has been flagged and hidden it is because it goes against forum guidelines. These can be that a post you have made is:

Off Topic : Can be that you’ve made a comment or asked something on a thread that isn’t related to the OP, or even that your comment doesn’t add anything of use to the original post. You may be having a conversation on someone else’s post, about your needs, which again is irrelevant then to the OP, and will be flagged. There are many ways to be off topic, and plenty of people get flagged for it.

Innappropriate : If your comment is rude, offensive or hateful, then it will be hidden, rightly so. (Not saying yours are, as again, I don’t know. Jus Clarifying.)

There is a guideline for how the forums run, which new members can see via a link that one of the admin members @Sydney_H often includes when moving a topic to the correct section. If you have forum questions then Sydney is a fantastic person to ask.

As for topics being locked or merged… they may be locked because they have been inactive a certain amount of times… or have been flagged too much, they may also be locked because you have created a duplicate thread in which case you’re will be merged, or closed.

Hairstyle suggestions etc, for instance have many threads in certain sections of the forums, where people suggest updates for episode to consider. If you have made a thread on this, it’s likely to be redirected to the appropriate place.

As for telling people to get off your page, sorry but you have no page. This is a public forum, therefore everything you post, is on display for all. People are not allowed to tell others how to behave on the forums, as it’s considered moderating which is for admin members alone to do. Best things that can be recommended is to use manners, read OP’s and reply appropriately in the correct place. If you’re looking for things, don’t jump on anyone else’s thread, make your own. And stick to topics. Basic etiquette really.

8 Likes

Flagging is a regular thing on the forums in general but if you put it into the wrong category people will flag you because there is a guide on this thing. Also posts that call out people who flag for no reason get flagged so don’t be surprised when this gets flagged too. If you tell them to stop they will most likely just flag you more. And may I point out I would please try to read the guides, search it up and watch the videos before asking, I know you don’t like to and it is “easier” but it can be fustrating for others. Asking questions is most likely not getting you flagged. Reasons as stated by the person above me can usually be off topic replies. Things you have been flagged for from what I have seen is the basics. You tend to be very rude at times as well.

5 Likes

how can i be rude? :pensive:

People can get off my page by not checking it

You most times won’t get flagged by your title unless it is a art request for episode to release so it is what you post not a “crime” against you. Also you have been flagged in the wishlist thread so that is not your “page”.

3 Likes

It’s not your page though, a thread doesn’t show up on your page. It’s public, so that demand is unreasonable.
Overall that type of attitude is harmful to how you portray yourself on the forums. As both myself, and @bakedpotato has explained, the guides are your best bet for help.

And in response to your comment about how you can be rude… in my experience interacting with you in the past, you have lacked simple use of manners, you tend to go from place to place asking for things without bothering to say please or thank you, you’ve routinely expected people to provide you with everything you’ve needed, example, links to pages, even when they have told you it’s simple to Google, therefore expecting them to do the work, again without so much as a please or thank you.
When asking about my backgrounds before, you asked to use them, then when I attempted to direct you to my rules, you repeatedly refused to read what I’d explained, just replying the same thing over and over again. These are just some small examples of what I have seen from you on various threads that I have come by.

The people on the forums are from all places around the world, and speak different languages and have different personalities, overall everyone makes allowances for different characters in people, but there’s no real reason not to be polite, and use basic manners when engaging with someone, particularly when asking for help.

For the most part, the forums are filled with kind people who willingly go out of their way to help others, so don’t take flagging personally, just do what you can to avoid it by being aware of rules etc.

12 Likes

Also some of your threads may have been closed, specifically the hairstyle threads because they’re just suggesting new hairstyles, not one specific kind. If you had put the topic as “HAIR: Messy Buns” then added those reference photos, it may not have been flagged. But just adding threads for random styles, backgrounds, etc. goes against the format guidelines.
And as @bakedpotato and @Cheyara_Skadi mentioned, making threads for questions when it’s already been answered in previous posts will guarantee they’re flagged and closed. Even though it may seem easier to create a new thread to answer a question, it actually floods the forums and makes it harder for others to find concise answers when searching.

4 Likes

After seeing a few of ur posts, I thin’ it’s continuously being flagged as spam bc u have been making a lot of topics daily. To avoid being flagged, look to see if there’s another topic answering ur question before just making a topic, n only post of a thread if it’s on topic + helpful & beneficial for the community :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Yeah, I already told them that on their hairstyle thread and the only response they gave me was