I'm so confused on this overlay

Okay so every time I try to spot direct my overlay I get this:
Screenshot 2020-11-22 at 1.19.12 PM
I’ve got that message for all 3 lines of code on that one overlay but I have no error messages on my other overlay
Screenshot 2020-11-22 at 1.18.59 PM
I don’t know why I’m getting it - can anyone help?

(For extra context, the second overlay is the one I’m having trouble with but it also is pending to be approved - I’ve never had this problem before though.)

Have you tried removing it from the INT… line and instead putting @overlay TOP TABLE AND CHAIR create before the rest of the commands? I can’t see any error in what you’ve shown, so give it a try?

The other thing is, you shouldn’t need all of the numbers before the rest of the overlay name in the first overlay. Shouldn’t it simply be “BOARDROOM TOP TABLE”?

2 Likes

I think it’s the name of the overlay. The « and » between might be causing the trouble, I had the same thing :cry:

3 Likes

That’s what I was thinking, hence why I suggested using the @overlay ___ create command because the AND might be confusing the script? Right…?

2 Likes

I think it will still be a problem because the script will read « and » and think there’s another action happening (idk if that makes sense :joy:). For the shifting and scaling for example…

2 Likes

Yeah haha… good point. In that case— @Verity24 you’d be best renaming the overlay x

3 Likes

yeah it’s because of the AND - overlays cant have AND in name because than the script confuses it for command

if you need to have the AND in name write it like this

TOP_TABLE_AND_CHAIR
then it will script see as one long word

1 Like

@lilyplots
Yeah, it’s only like that becuase I copied + pasted it from the side :))

@secrets.epi
Ahh that makes sense, thank you :slight_smile:

@Farah_DeSantis
Thanks for the tip!

None of my others have “and” in their name which is why I’ve never had it before, thank you all for your help :))

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.