I'm so sick of "Gang" and "Mafia" Stories!

Ok. I’ve been trying to find some new stories (No, please don’t give me suggestions. if you want, PM me) Anyway, all of the stories are about GANGS and MAFIAS!! It is so annoying!
Is anyone else feel the same way, or is it just me? Because it’s ridiculous how many stories have to do with those topics. :expressionless::unamused:

9 Likes

So true. It’s annoying.

3 Likes

As much as lots of people don’t like them the reason there are so many is because lots of people do like them! Think about series like chain reaction and stuff, Miss MJ has over 100 million reads. Yes some people do find the amount unnecessary because me too sis. But for some reason there are lots of readers that live for them (unfortunately probably younger readers at that.) But not all of them are bad (like Adrenaline but it doesn’t exactly focus on the gang bit, ik what you mean tho) But it’s def not you. People out there just cal it “insop” from popular series and attempt to “get famous” that way. Tbh like wtf kinda thinking is that anyway smh

2 Likes

Yeah I understand that a lot of people like them it’s just so overused at this point

1 Like

I got sick of those too :sweat_smile: but I still love crime stories so I wrote about a assassin business :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I think a Mafia/Gang story could be interesting if it’s written well. I do love crime stories. :joy:

I have yet to see one on Episode though.

7 Likes

Yeah I do like crime and like mystery stories, but it seems like every story I look into has. To. Do. With. Mafia. Oof

1 Like

I mean there is always a limit. No sex slaves and stuff. But, sometimes that extra action doesn’t come in a basic Episode Story. I’ve read all of Miss MJ’s stories and I love the excitement and thrill in them! It weird how so many people call out these stories when they always get the most reads.

2 Likes

Do people want more stories with (for example):

• Mental health problems, being depressed, anxiety etc, and then someone comes into their life and brightens it up but they aren’t involved with mafia’s and gangs. There’s a plot twist and things are discovered blah blah blah, but in the end you have your happily ever after. (Basically a different unique one)
  • Gangs and crime :sunglasses:
  • Different unique one I described :heart_eyes:

0 voters

1 Like

I have a mental health story and a gang story out

I’ writing at both ends of the genre

1 Like

Yeah, just my personal opinion, I do think the gang/ mafia stories can sometimes be good, it just is so overused to me that it’s getting annoying. but that’s just my opinion!

3 Likes

Yes. Totally agree

It’s crazy how many stories you can find like this, but most of them aren’t that accurate. At the same time, it’s hard to make a story accurate while giving people what they want. The point is that it’s hard to find a balance when millions of people like hot gang leader when the truth is that their faces look like upside-down eggs. I’m not sick of the stories per se, but I am sick of people not breaking boundaries within them. Like gangs are more than just danger and thrill, they’re killing other people, selling drugs, getting into lots of legal conflicts, corruption, sacrifice, and hatred in a lot of cases. I think those stories focus more on how their innocent people are killed while they lack how they possibly kill and negatively affect other innocent people through the choices that these gangs make.

5 Likes

I’m writing a story, but with the opposite plot :joy:
A successful and mentally healthy woman enters the world of Mafia and slowly starts to degrade and lose herself, by developing Stockholm syndrome and depression…
I hope that sounds more interesting than all those cliche Mafia stories. :thinking: Because I’m so fed up with all those happy endings in gang stories.
But the general problem here is the fact that people who write about Mafia and gangs don’t even have a clue about what they are writing, so they romanticize some fantasies that are absolutely unrealistic…

7 Likes

That sounds interesting and realistic. Send it to me when you’re done. :wink: Teach these fools how to write Mafia stories the true way.

5 Likes

O M G That sounds so interesting I can’t wait to read it :grin:

3 Likes

That’s sounds so good and original I hope it’ss become a huge success when you publish it!

3 Likes

Lol I have like 3 stories that I’m working on that have at least depression.

3 Likes

Hey, I wasn’t clear, though :joy:. The story is actually published, it’s called “Sleeping With The Enemy”. :grin:
If you want it, check it out, and please send feedback if it’s not too much trouble! :wink:
But, please be advised, I’m kinda redoing it a little bit, but the plot will be still the same, I’m just adding some advanced directing and etc. :smiley:

1 Like

And thanks guys for support, I feel so luuuved :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes:

2 Likes