I'm stuck on a layer issue that I can't seem to fix

So, I’ve been stuck on this for the past couple of days, and I’ve been trying to ignore it because I can’t seem to find the answer. I’m using a huge party scene template in a club and the 3 characters I made for the scene (not included in the template )are at different layers than I want them to be at.

I’ve checked that all of them are at layers higher than the people that I want behind them, but the problem is, the scene runs, the characters walk-in at the layer they’re supposed to be at, then while they are talking, they switch layers and the people behind them move up a layer.

I’ve tried using & and @, but neither help, I’ve tried putting the layer code 2 times, one before they talk, and one after they talk, but it doesn’t help in any way. I don’t know if I should maybe create the characters the same time the template characters were made and spotted, but I don’t think that’s the answer.

Post your script, please.

@zoom reset
@speechbubble is 133 289 to 100%
@RACHEL walks to screen right in zone 2

RACHEL (talk_reassure)
Stop being a Debbie downer!

&RACHEL moves to layer 38
@KAT walks to upscreen right in zone 2

KAT (talk_gossip)
Come on! You're dropping the mood!

&KAT moves to layer 37
@TIERRA walks to screen center in zone 2

TIERRA (talk_excited)
Let's go!

&TIERRA moves to layer 36

Can you post the spot numbers as well with the characters name?

use spot directing istead of basic directing.
The basic directing resets layers.

Oh!! I’m only using spot directing for the club template scene! I just realized I didn’t use spots for the main characters I’m using, oh my gosh, I’ll try it, thank you so much! :joy:

Ahh it worked!! Thank you so much!! You don’t know how much this has helped me! Thank you so much!! :grin: :grin:

i had the same problem , this really helped

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.