I'm trying to sit my characters

So I’m doing a story in INK and I’m trying to make my characters sit in INT. CHINESE RESTAURANT OL - DAY with TABLE CHINESE but I can’t really figure out how to, maybe it’s because it’s 1 am but I need serious help lmao i’m trying to sit 4 people btw.

use spot directing and have them standing instead

1 Like

well, thank you

this is what i used for my two characters maybe you can use it to

INT. CHINESE RESTAURANT OL - DAY

@overlay TABLE CHINESE scales to 1.000 1.000
@BESTFRIEND enters from left to screen right
@BESTFRIEND faces left
@BESTFRIEND spot 1.280 251 -74
@MC enters from left to screen left
@MC spot 1.280 101 -69

1 Like

Oh right because theres an overlay, thank you so much lmaoo

Yes there is an overlay…and keep in mind in the zone only about 2 fit if you want to show the rest you’ll have to pan

There are 2 ways how to do it…if you sit people and you will see thair legs you have to use sit animations. And place tham through spot directing.

Or if you do not see legs usualy in background of restaurants where you have a table overlay you simply position them throug spot directing and can use any standing animations

If it is the table scene from episode backgrounds thay are made so you do not need advanced spot directing…I am working in limelight so there might be a diferent animations but mine direction for this scene is

INT. CHINESE RESTAURANT OL - DAY with TABLE CHINESE
@KATE enters from left to upscreen left
@KATE is idle_sit_anklescrossed_neutral_loop
@BRIAN enters from right to upscreen right
@BRIAN is idle_sit_anklescrossed_neutral_loop

here I use only sit animations
Bez%20n%C3%A1zvu

In another scene, I have my own background and I needed 3 people to sit so I used spot directing and standing animation - I didn’t walk the people to the table the scene starts while they are sitting

INT. RESTAURANT TABLE AT WALL with TABLE 2 at layer 5 with PIZZA at layer 6 with BURGER at layer 6
@KATE spot 1.280 50 -151
@KATE moves to layer 1
@MELL spot 1.280 278 -151
@MELL moves to layer 1
@CJ spot 1.280 162 -151
@CJ moves to layer 0

And then I use any standing animation,

Bez%20n%C3%A1zvu%202

1 Like

This was helpful, thanks! I’ve been trying to do this for a while

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.