I'm unsure of how to fix this... [CODING HELP.]

So, I’m unsure of how to fix this.

The character is suppose to be waking up in the field and then the camera was suppose to pan after she has her back turned to the camera. But she wouldn’t appear, so I reversed it, so that she appeared in the field after the panning. Neither worked. Can someone fix it so it reflects the first scenario I had in mind? Here’s what I have:

EXT. FARM FIELDS WITH BALLOON - DAY

@pan to zone 1
@pan to zone 2
@pan to zone 3
@ORIONA enters from left to screen left
@ORIONA is idle_lay_exhausted_loop
@pan to zone 1
@ORIONA is standup_neutral
@ORIONA is react_gasp_dismayed
@ORIONA is idle_rear
@ORIONA faces left

2 Likes

Like You want her to appear as soon as you pan is it.?

1 Like

Basically, yeah. I want her to stand, as if she had been laying on the ground when the scene change happens, then she stands. When she stands and looks around, the pan happens. She should probably be in zone 3, but I’m unsure of how to start her off there. After that, it’s suppose to go back to her and she’s doing the react gasp dismayed pose. Scene continues from there.

The example above was an attempt to fix it, but I failed. But all the poses necessary are there.

1 Like

Oh okay… Let me just quickly go to my portal and see what I did for such scene in my story because I wrote it way long back :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Alright, thanks!

Try using & instead of @

This just made her stand straight, facing the left.

For example
EXT. FARM FIELDS WITH BALLOON - DAY
@cut to zone 3 (where you want her to be)
&Oriona stands (her position or spot) AND ORIONA is (animation you want her to do)

If u want I can send you the screen shot of my scene ?

Alright, I’m confused. The position or spot? I don’t really know how to do this, because I’m just now learning.

I guess you can send the script, but I’m not sure how much that would help?

1 Like

Do u know anything about spot directing?

Not really.

So I guess watch Joseph Evans videos on YouTube they’ll help a lot… Or just feel free to let me know I’d be glad to help :slight_smile:

I watched his video on it, but it’s still confusing.

Nevermind, I guess I’ll just rewrite the scene…

1 Like

How do u write on phone Or pc?

I’m on pc. I use the episode interactive website.

So u may web preview it right…

Yes, it’s how I can see that she isn’t there when I’m coding it.

Try to copy the code that I had sent and for position just try typing “screen left” or "screen right " And then do the panning thing

&pan to zone 3
@ORIONA enters from left to screen left
@ORIONA starts idle_lay_exhausted_loop
&pan to zone 1
@ORIONA is standup_neutral
@ORIONA is idle_rear
@ORIONA faces left

tbh, you should say which zone you want Oriona to appear. And using spot directing is much better than ‘enters from’

1 Like