I'm very vexed! 😭😭

Before the new guidelines kicked in, I paid 90USD for my story cover. When the new guidelines kicked in, the cover got rejected, so I commissioned a new one for 70USD. That one got approved and has been live for weeks… but now Episode has turned around and rejected it because of ‘celebrity similarity’ :sob::sob::sob: i’ve literally wasted so much money, I see so many covers on the app that use celebrities as muses for their art though, don’t find this fair at all!! :sob:

9 Likes

Moved to Art Resources since this is about covers. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

3 Likes

hm maybe yr characters looking like niki minaj and u cant have yr characters looking like celebrities.

3 Likes

For Episode, yeah with permission from the celebrities if they are making celebrity stories.

4 Likes

the muse wasn’t even nicki minaj though looool

3 Likes

Nahh I’m talking about the community stories,the artist that did my cover always bases her art off celebrity muses and none of the other people’s covers have been removed

3 Likes

lol i was guessing when i look at the cover HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

2 Likes

Ohhhh, I have trouble trying to understand things lol, and okay hm maybe email episode about your cover?

2 Likes

Looks nothing like Niki Minaj though :joy:

8 Likes

I doubt emailing them would do anything, they always send generic responses :joy:

3 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Well Srry you had to spend that much money sis. :pray:t4: But maybe ask for an appeal? Maybe if they know how much money you spent on the cover they’ll reconsider.

But tbh that cover look way to familiar. Like I can’t place it buh…

4 Likes

For that kind of money, I’d at least fight it. If the muse wasn’t Nikki Minaj, I’d show pictures in the email of Nikki Minaj and any other celebrities they might’ve mistaken her for (idek who, I’m not up-to-date on celebrities) and explain that any resemblance is coincidental. Truthfully, there are only so many ways to draw a woman with light brown skin, high cheekbones, thin eyebrows, and full lips, all of these being standard concepts of beauty and glamour.

They do tend to send generic responses, but I’ve also seen them back down when presented with a clear argument.

I’d consider the value of your time; how much do you make an hour (don’t tell me, just think it in your head) and spend $70 worth of time fighting before you give up. :muscle:

6 Likes

Before the new guidelines and I had the 90 dollar cover I did complain but they didn’t care tbh, and familiar how hahah

3 Likes

yeah I could try emailing them I guess but I’m not going to get my hopes up at this point, I’m so tired of wasting hard earned money only for Episode to turn around and do this :persevere:

3 Likes

As for the other cover, if it was rejected because it’s too sexy, that’s a more measurable line. Anyone can agree on what’s sexy and what’s chaste. But Lana and I both assumed Nikki Minaj when we saw that face, and the fact that we’re both wrong is proof in itself that the resemblance isn’t clear. :+1:

I mean, my face-recognition brain cells are all the way fucked up, but still lmao.

4 Likes

Well maybe you can search up an art group here, make another cover and if they still don’t accept it, well at least you didn’t pay for it :woman_shrugging:t4: :rofl:.

Also I don’t know how it’s familiar but it is the nighttime yet and I’m working on my story so I’m bored and tired.

2 Likes

Nicki Minaj? I don’t see Nicki Minaj, I see Kim K. But I’m probably wrong, My brain cells, too are messed up.

6 Likes

Can you talk to the artist? Maybe they’d be able to adjust the faces enough for you so it gets approved?

5 Likes

Yeah, that would’ve been my second guess (given the butt), but the slant of the eyes and the shape of the face felt wrong. :woman_shrugging: The lips and hair, definitely close, and I’m pretty sure Kim K’s nose changes every season, so it could’ve looked like that at any point but not the next lmao.

4 Likes