I'm working on a story about depression

would you guys read a story about a girl that’s suffering from depression thats from abuse and along the way, a guy tries to help find herself. idk I’m thinking about doing a story like this but i’m not sure if people would be into topics like this lol

8 Likes

Yes definitely! I’ve read some stories about depression/mental health and I loved all of them.

4 Likes

I think it’s super important to make these topics less taboo!
I would definitely read a story that shows an awareness of such topics -
However, make sure you do plenty of research - mental illness can be really tough for some people to explore so you need to ensure you do it sensitively and appropriately.

Sometimes speaking to other people about mental health can really open up some more ideas and help you further understand mental health issues - even if you already experience them yourself :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I love topics that bring awareness to these matters! I’d find it interesting. :smile:

2 Likes

Definitely

2 Likes

Yesss

2 Likes

Thank you ill think about it some more :heart:

1 Like

your soo right and I know all about it from experience but thank you for the advice :heart:

2 Likes

thank you :grinning: :heart:

1 Like

ill try it :heart:

2 Likes

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about your story idea. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

YES!! My advice is to talk to someone who has/had it.

1 Like

I’ve made my own thread for promoting stories and I think there are some similar to this! You should check them out :blob_hearts:
I’m promoting my story here! Promote yours too!

of course! I love stories that talk about bigger issues. I think the only thing to make sure of is to not have the depression itself be the main driving action of the story (like a character starts out very depressed, does things, and ends up happy and normal in the end - that’s pretty unrealistic for someone with depression), but intead as a main character trait that influences them in whatever it is theyre trying to achieve in the story. good luck with your story!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.