I'm working on my first story - honest reviews please?

Hello there! Nice to meet you. My name goes by Maxim S.
I am currently writing a story inspired by the “Whodunnit?” series called “Murderer’s Quarters”.

I put hours and days into writing my story and it still hasn’t hit off. I use many mystery related tags and have created an appealing cover for my story. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. So this is where you come in!

I want some honest and blunt reviews. If my story is that bad, I want to know! Your reviews can make the reading experience for other people better. Read out my form for details.

Title: Murderer’s Quarters
Author: Maxim S.
Genre: Mystery
Style: Ink
Summary: You go on a reality TV show with your boyfriend to win a cash prize. The catch? Remain alive and discover who’s trying to murder you before you get murdered yourself.
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5143779408543744
Social Media: maxims.episode

Murderers_Quarters_posterImage_qAPxvPbqbD

1 Like

Hi @MaximS !
I read the first episode and I would like to point out some details (according with the first episode of course).
First I would like to tell you that even tho there’s people that still read INK, a lot of users prefer LL, specially new users, since we are in a LL era and this style gets updates.
Just for that, it can be a little harder to make people read.
Then I notice that your CC Template is very limited I would advise you to change for a Template with more options, you can find here in the forum.
Honestly I don’t fancy much these format of stories in TV Show Programs but it’s a personal preference.
I think for a first impression you did it well putting diversity of characters.
Some extra tips you could use:
You can use the overlay of recording when the competitors show up. Play with the zooms, it will make more appealing.
It’s normal to not have reads when you start writing so try to make friends in the community, ask for reviews in episode groups on Instagram, do reads for reads!
Keep updating, that helps so your readers keep hooked to your story.
Use your Instagram and fóruns in a way that you can promote your work!
Wish the best for your story and keep trying!

1 Like

Hey Cat!

First of all, thanks a bunch for taking time out of your day/night to review my story! I will take your advice into consideration and will definitely change the customization to something with a larger selection. Personally, Ink has always been a favorite of mine and to me, it seems to be the most realistic; LL to me seems slightly too modern.
It would be great if you kept reading since this information is really helpful! Thanks again :slight_smile:

Update: I have added the recording overlay and found a template with a much more vast selection of options for both MC and boyfriend. It made everything much better!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.