I'm writing a romance story, but I need your opinion!

So recently i’ve been working on a story that i want to make full romance. No cliche kind of stuff with gang leaders and pregnancy lmao. Just two normal people falling in love. I’m not sure what people look for in a proper romance story which is why I’ve created this thread. Feel free to suggest some ideas in which I could take into account! Also please tell me if there’s anything you’d rather not read in one. :hearts::hearts::hearts:

5 Likes

I understand where you are coming from, I’m writing a story at the moment about gangs/mafia/pregnancy ect…

Yes, there is loads of stories already out there with this plot, but don’t be frightened to twist it to your own ability.

Don’t be afraid to add in a character who will turn your story on it’s head, or a sibling taking over.

DON’T BE AFRAID to try something new/different.

If you need any help, don’t hesitate to ask me xx

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice! x

I’m here if you need any help xx

1 Like

what about a romance story about 2 people who met each other online?
or a romance story 2 people who met each other in life once and found out they had a lot in common. becaus of this they became friends and later became lovers?

sorry I’m not a good romance writer :rofl:

no I’m not a good writer at all :crazy_face:

2 Likes

maybe this link can help??

2 Likes

Haha i’ve already got a structure on how they meet, i just need your opinion on what you would like to see in romance story. For example like cute moments between in the MC and Love Interest or some drama with exes and stuff, etc…

1 Like

So I would suggest like, if you did the “cliche” stuff, but it was portrayed correctly, like gang leaders being bad, and pregnancies being normal like not completely being the entire problem of the story, and if you wrote a story about that, then most likely people wouldn’t be very interested. No offense, but every love story has a little drama. No matter what. Even in real life. There are going to be bumps in the road, and it doesn’t have to be exaggerated drama like there usually is in Episode, but maybe some problems in real life. Just a little advice 16C011B7-036A-42CA-ACBE-6C711816F256

2 Likes

cute moments! I really live for those ! drama with exes is always in every story and tbh I hate it! they make the exes mean! like ? you can also be friends with you’re ex ! you don’t always have to add the mean ex that wants to break up the relation ship
if you get what I mean

2 Likes

Yes, i was going to add a few bits of drama into it. The couple would argue a bit but always make up.

1 Like

In my story the ex is going to be very mature but there will be some drama with her

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

Springhole has a million random generators and if you want weird events, bonding moments, or even outfits randomly generated you can find them somewhere on Springhole.

1 Like

I’ll be sure to check it out! x

@Minoesje @BerryGoodGem554

There should always be a bit of everything in your story, have a little romance and drama.

Add a little romance, maybe forbidden and then drama before the happily ever after, that’s the best way go around having both in your story

2 Likes

I know…that’s kinda what I said…

1 Like

My stories have a bit of both in it.

La Mafia Rebellious and The Mafia Billionaire both have love and drama in it.

Hopefully it’ll be taken on board everything that we suggest.

1 Like

These are my personal preferences:

I look for real characters personally :slight_smile:
I love it when the characters are relatable so you can feel everything they feel. No instant love - slow, developing feelings makes me all the more invested in the characters and their relationship.
Seeing the flaws and anxieties as well as the attributes and positives.
Dates that aren’t just a generic, fancy dinner in a restaurant but a personal thing to them specifically because I think its more romantic (e.g my characters went stargazing for their first date as my MC wants to be an astrophysicist).
Drama doesn’t always have to be a jealous ex trying to split them up, it can be about a lot of other things.

I have a romance story so if you ever want any help, I can try my best to assist in any way I can :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That helps so much! I’m trying to make the ex mature in this as everyone is adults. I will try to make the MC as relatable as possible! X

1 Like

Glad I could help :slight_smile:

I’ll try to think of some more useful info that might help too :slight_smile:
Let me know when you do publish, I’d love to read it! Unless it’s mafia/gang :eyes: those stories really aren’t my thing

1 Like