I'm writing a romance story, but I need your opinion!

It’ll probably end up being published in a few months, once I request splashes and covers and they get approved!

However you decide to approach this story, make sure that there is conflict between the two characters so that readers will be interested in seeing how it resolves. The cliche examples of this that you see on Episode are some of the things mentioned above, like pregnancy and mean exes.

The way you could put a twist on your romance is to include different types of conflict that aren’t usually in episode stories. For instance, one of the characters could be moving away after they graduate high school, so the couple will resolve how they will continue their relationship. Another situation that could bring about conflict is that one character could be trying to balance their love life and career.

I think a good romance can develop if the conflict is resolved lovingly between the two characters. Just make sure that they both grow from the experience.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

That helps! Thanks! :heart:

1 Like

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

Don’t :rofl:

1 Like

Lmaoooo, too bad I’ve already started :rofl:

:wink:

1 Like

:joy::joy: basic… there’s soo many other genres that are underrated :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Meh, I was actually thinking of doing a thriller but I’m shit at directing, and I wanted it to be ‘advanced’ lol. But I might do one in the future :wink:

1 Like

:grimacing::joy: good luck

1 Like

I think it is good keep going plus everyone go read my story

1 Like

I know ‘‘from (best) friends to lovers’’ is slightly cliche, but I’m a sucker for those kind of love stories! :tipping_hand_woman:

1 Like

I really enjoy reading realistic love stories, they r very refreshing compared to some other stories

2 Likes

Honestly, I think the best way to write romance is to write is as it is: sometimes it goes well, sometimes it gets harder, and there are all sorts of outcomes to relationships, not just ending it because one person cheated (seriously that’s kinda overused)
Also, I think a good story always revolves around conflict, but you could write it in a way that the conflict helped their relationship and they acknowledge their flaws. It’s great when characters BOTH benefice from the relationship (treat each other equally)
I’m sure it’ll turn out great! Send me a link when you’re done?

1 Like

I really like when the romance is gradual because it makes the love story actually awesome, and I really dislike when the boy has to do everything for the girl to the point where it makes her look weak (makes no sense, but whatever). Otherwise, have fun writing!

1 Like

Haha, in my story the girl is taking charge. For example, she’ll be asking the boy on dates instead of him.

Of course! :heart:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.