Improve your writing skills here!

awh hate seeing you leave
COME BACK TOMORROW

1 Like

wow
you tried something new and you succeeded :tired_face::tired_face:

1 Like

omg guys guys guys
i’m writing my story while waiting for the story prompts and I can already tell that i improved!! Thank you so much!!

5 Likes

@tyratuna Tuna, I think you’ve been writing for over an hour :disappointed_relieved:

don’t you want a break? :white_heart:

2 Likes

you can’t react when writing i know i know stupid me @tyratuna

2 Likes

HAHAH omg I keep getting distracted but i finally finished

a single note

Det. Karina Lewis closes her front door, locking it while shrugging off her coat.

Knock… knock… knock…

She spins around. The hallways empty when she was out here, barely a half second ago. Rushing to the door, Karina looks out the peep hole. Nothing. No one. She sighs, damn kids. It wouldn’t be the first time a neighborhood child had “pranked” her. Nevertheless, it wasn’t cause for worry. Why would its be? Karina paid good money to live a nice, safe, gated community.

Kneeling down to unlace her boot, she noticed a small, folded piece of paper under the tip of her toe. How strange. Unfolding the paper as she rose, Karina’s face drained of color as she read the note.

An “X,” big, red, covering the whole page.

“Equis…” she whispered. Karina’s hand shook, grip almost ripping the note in two. She took a breath, closing her eyes, as she thought back to the last time she received an X.

“Mija…” Karina’s mother began, nearly 10 years prior.
“Mama?”
“Tell me you didn’t join Equis, tell me you don’t work for Ricardo.”

Karina’s tear filled eyes shot open, heart pounding, breath shallow. That had been the last time she saw her mother alive.

Looking back to the note, Karina crumpled it, making a fist with her hand. She took a shaky breath. She should’ve known the only was out was death. Even a decade later, she couldn’t escape it. Even after his death, she couldn’t escape him. She knew avenging a death was a bad idea. The only person who could’ve sent the note– he should’ve been dead. Karina was almost certain she had made sure of it.

Karina stormed towards her kitchen island, throwing her purse on the countertop. Hunching over, Karina rested her face in one hand, and tapped her long, manicured nails on the granite.

Revenge is a never ending cycle, Karina knew this. But she also knew how tempting vengeance is. Slamming her fist down, “Who the hell do I have to hunt now?”

Sighing, Karina stood up straight, collecting herself before walking to her bedroom.

Grabbing a suitcase, all she need was a change of clothes, a toothbrush, a hair brush, face wash, her gun, socks, glasses, glasses case, her backup gun, a phone charger, and her wallet– give or take.

Slipping a coat around her arm and sunglasses atop her head she texted her boss, “Family emergency. I won’t be coming in tomorrow.”

Heels clicking against the hardwood floors loudly as she walked out the door.

Finally, she was going back to Mexico.

5 Likes

I’ve been alternating between typing and watching tiktoks :disappointed:

4 Likes

Okay finally!!! this is a little longer than usual and I had to compromise on the idea because I wanted to go crazy but don’t want to scare anyone lol

Liar

Summary

If there was one thing Cecilia hated more than life itself was a liar. She hated liars, all kinds of liars. Twisting truths, hurting others just to feed your own ego just the thought disgusted Cecilia to her core.

28th October 2017 was a night that she’d never forget. The cold autumn breeze rushing through her long curly hair, leaves scattered on the pavements. This was her favourite time of year. The only time when being spooky was universally okay. There was just something about carving pumpkins and drinking her latte with an extra dash of cinnamon, eating hot apple pies with a scoop of ice cream while watching the days slowly get shorter. This was the time of year Cecilia believed all things very possible.

Magical. That day was magical. They say love finds you when you least expect it, it surprises you. Cecilia can confirm that is very true. It was a chance encounter two blocks away from her favourite coffee shop. He wasn’t paying too much attention to his surroundings while he seemed to be having an argument on his phone. She was too occupied by the music playing through her headphones, eyes closed bobbing her head to the rhythm without a care in the world. In a fraction of a second, these two strangers collide.

Collided in a way that now their fates were intertwined. It was reckless yet so perfect, so rushed but still so slow. They were missing pieces to each other’s souls. Jamie was the answer to all of Cecilia’s prayers, he was perfection. He bought her flowers and showered her in gifts. He made time for her, he took her out and sometimes they just stayed in. He knew all her secrets she had let him in. He would make her laugh so hard that her jaw hurt from smiling. He was her rock when the waters were rough, her light in darkness he kept her warm through it all.

632 days of perfection. On day 633 Cecilia made her way to his house she was going to surprise him, no need to call ahead. A bag full of groceries for their date night meal she walked up the steps. She unlocked the door and headed straight to the kitchen. She was excited and knew that Jamie won’t be home for another hour. She sets everything down and starts to prep the vegetables and meat. 45 minutes later she is all done; he’ll be back soon so now it’s time to freshen up.

She heads to the stairs and stops something unusual, a trail of clothing just laying on the floor. Confused and startled she grabs a knife from the kitchen. Cecilia doesn’t take risks when it comes to her life or the lives of her loved one. She slowly makes her way up the stairs and paces herself at the landing. She scans the area to distinguish any anomalies. The door, Jamie’s door is ajar while the rest are wide open. She takes a few deep breaths in to calm her heart she tiptoes to his room.

Red, a burning fire filled with rage, full of compulsion. She lost all control, she was blinded that through all the commotion the begging, the cries not once did she stop. Blood so much blood, the sheets were filled with blood. Jamie and his lover lay there still covered in sin, motionless, horror painted all over their faces. She walked back to the kitchen and washed the knife clean. She sat down at the table and poured herself some food. Cecilia looked over to the empty plate by her side and laughed to herself. He could be enjoying this delicious dinner too if he hadn’t lied.

7 Likes

I think I finally read through everything and omg GUYS!!! you blow me away every single time so so so talented!!! I want to see best-sellers from you all :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

I WANNA DO IT-
but im lazy as hell :sob: imma bookmark it and come back :new_moon_with_face:

3 Likes

Dang girl! I’m gone for a couple of hours, and you hit 1k! Congrats! I’ve got to get writing now!

2 Likes

:clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:
Please continue this I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED NEXT JSJDJDKSJKSKK
:triumph:

2 Likes

you better!!

1 Like

ayo i’m back guys idk why i’m awake it’s 6am but fine. I’m going to edit the main post which is going to take me forever

1 Like

If there were thread monitors i would’ve helped you :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

I’m not gonna leave you before I get at least one story written by you :smirk: :nail_care:t2:

1 Like

i’m done! Took me 40 minutes…

SHJSSJ girll :crying_cat_face::crying_cat_face::crying_cat_face:
I have school so we’ll see 🧍🏽‍♀️

2 Likes

AAHhhhh :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

2 Likes

:eyes:

1 Like

1 Like

you’re just as excited as me! BBSBSBS
And girl you’ve bookmarked it!! :pleading_face::pleading_face: